- Ph.D., Virginia Tech
- M.S., Algiers University of Science and Technology
- A. Alhosban, Z. Malik, K. Hashmi, B. Medjahed, H. Al-Ababneh. “A Two Phases Self-healing Framework for Service-oriented Systems”. ACM Transactions on the Web, 15(2), Article 7, 2021.
- H. Labbaci, B. Medjahed, Y. Aklouf. “A Social Network Approach for Recommending Interoperable Web Services”. Distributed And Parallel Databases (DAPD), 38(4), 927-961, 2020.
- A. Rezgui, N. Davis, Z. Malik, B. Medjahed, H. Soliman. “CloudFinder: A System for Processing Big Data Workloads on Volunteered Federated Clouds”. IEEE Transactions on Big Data, 6(2):347-358, 2020.
- K. Hashmi, A. Alhosban, Z. Malik, and B. Medjahed. “A Web Service Negotiation Management and QoS Dependency Modeling Framework”. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 7(2), Article 5, 33 pages, 2016.
- Z. Malik, B. Medjahed, A. Rezgui. “sCARE: Reputation Estimation on Uncertain Web Services”. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 16(1): Article 7, 20 pages, 2016.
- I. Benamor, S. Benbernou, M. Ouziri, Z. Malik, B. Medjahed. “Discovering Best Teams for Data Leak aware Crowdsourcing in Social Networks”. ACM Transactions on the Web, 10(1): Article 2, 27 pages, 2016.
- A. Alhosban, K. Hashmi, Z. Malik, B. Medjahed, S. Benbernou. “Bottom-up Fault Management in Service-based Systems”. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 15(2), Article 7, 40 pages, June 2015.
- N. Ammar, Z. Malik, B. Medjahed, M. Alodib. “K-Anonymity-based Approach for Privacy Preserving Web Service Selection”. IEEE International conference on Web Services, ICWS'15, New York, pp. 281 – 288, June 2015 (Best Student Paper Award).
- S.-E. Tbahriti, C. Ghedira, B. Medjahed, M. Mrissa. Privacy-Enhanced Web Service Composition. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 7(2), pp. 210 - 222, 2014.
- B. Medjahed. Dissemination Protocols for Event-based Service-Oriented Architectures. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 1(3), October 2008.
- Q. Zhu, B. Medjahed, A. Sharma, H. Huang. The Collective Index: A Technique for Efficient Processing of Progressive Queries. The Computer Journal, 51(6), November 2008. Best Paper Award (Wilkes Award)
- R. Hamadi, B. Benatallah, B. Medjahed. Self-Adapting Recovery Nets for Policy-Driven Exception Handling in Business Processes. Distributed and Parallel Databases (DAPD), an International Journal, 22(1), 2008.
- Q. Yu , X. Liu , A. Bouguettaya, B. Medjahed. Deploying and Managing Web Services: Issues, Solutions, and Directions. The VLDB Journal, 17(3), 2008.
- B. Medjahed, A. Bouguettaya, B. Benatallah, Semantic Web Services: Issues, Solutions, and Applications. ACM Transactions on the Web, 8(1), 2007.
- B. Medjahed, A. Bouguettaya. A Multilevel Composability Model for Semantic Web Services. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 17(7), July 2005.
- Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year, Michigan Association of State Universities (MASU), 2019
- Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award, CECS, University of Michigan - Dearborn, 2018
- Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Michigan - Dearborn, 2018
- Trevor O. Jones Outstanding Paper Award from SAE, 2018
- Best Student Paper Award, International Conference on Web Services, ICWS 2015.
- Promoted to Associate Professor with Tenure at the University of Michigan – Dearborn, September 2010.
- Number of Citations: 2715. Source: Harzing's “Publish or Perish” Tool (as of 06/28/2015)
- Best Paper Award (Wilkes Award), The Computer Journal, 2008.
- “Outstanding Graduate Research Award”, Department of Computer Science, Virginia Tech, 2004.
- Nominated by Virginia Tech’s Department of Computer Science for the ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2004.
- “Outstanding Reviewer” by IEEE Internet Computing, 2002.
- Student Travel Awards: dg.o.2003 (Virginia Tech award); VLDB 2001 (Virginia Tech award), CRA Academic Careers Workshop 2001 (Computing Research Association award), ACM International Student Research Contest 2001 (ACM award).
Professor, Computer and Information Science; Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education; Associate Dean for Academic Programs and Initiatives, Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor).
Biography and Education
Teaching and Research
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 5 years 3 months