- M. Shridhar, G. Houle, F. Kimura, “Comprehensive Check Reader,” Invited Paper presented at the Platinum Jubilee Symposium of Indian Statistical Institute, March 4-7, 2007, India
- M. Devghan, K. Faez, M. Ahmadi and M. Shridhar,Handwritten Farsi (Arabic) Word Recognition: A Holistic Approach Using Hidden Markov Models, Pattern Recognition Journal, Vol. 34 (2001) pp 1057-1065.
- M. Devghan, K. Faez, M. Ahmadi and M. Shridhar, Off-Line Unconstrained Farsi Handwritten Word Recognition Using Fuzzy Vector Quantization and Hidden Markov Models,â€ Accepted for publication in Pattern Recognition Letters August 30, 2000.
- S. Liang, M. Ahmadi, M. Shridhar, "Segmentation of Handwritten Interference Marks Using Multiple Directional Stroke Planes and Reformalized Morphological Approach," IEEE Trans. Image Proc. Vol. 6, No. 7, Aug. 1997, pp.1195 - 1201.
- M. Shridhar, G.F. Houle and F. Kimura, “Recognition strategies for general handwritten text documents,” Integrated Computer Aided Engineering, pp. 299-314, Vol. 16, No. 4, 2009
- John W. V. Miller, M. Shridhar, “Illumination-Invariant Image Processing,” Machine Vision Handbook, Springer-Verlag, Vol.1, pp. 543-564, 2012
- M. Shridhar and P. Watta, Chapter: “Pattern Recognition,” Machine Vision Handbook, Springer-Verlag, Vol. 2, Ch. 24, pp 1079-1102, 2012
- John W. V. Miller, M. Shridhar, T. Peatee, “Restoration of Missing Boundary Segments in Shattered Glass,” Machine Vision Handbook, Springer-Verlag, Vol. 2, pp. 1231-1242, 2012
- Offline Recognition of Handwritten Bangla Characters - An Efficient Two-stage Approach “ Accepted for publication in Pattern Analysis and Applications “ May 19, 2012
Professor Emeritus, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Biography and Education
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Aston
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Polytechnic Inst. of New York
D.MIT., Instrumentation and Control, Madras Institute of Technology
B.Sc., Mathematics, University of Bombay
Teaching and Research
- Member for
- 5 years 1 week