- M. Abouelenien, M. Burzo, V. Pérez-Rosas, R. Mihalcea, H. Sun and B. Zhao, “Gender Differences in Multimodal Contact-Free Deception Detection,” in IEEE MultiMedia Journal (accepted with early access), 2019.
- A. Kumbhar, M. Savargaonkar, A. Nalwaya, C. Bian and M. Abouelenien, “Keyword Extraction Performance Analysis,” in MPRAG in 2019 IEEE Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (MIPR), San Jose, CA, USA, March 2019.
- C. Hessler and M. Abouelenien “Using Thermal Images and Physiological Features to Model Human Behavior: A Survey”, in Multimedia Pragmatics, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval, MIPR 2018, Miami, Florida, April 2018.
- M. Abouelenien, V. Perez-Rosas, R. Mihalcea, and M. Burzo, “Detecting Deceptive Behavior Via Integration of Discriminative Features from Multiple Modalities”, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1042-1055, 2017.
- M. Abouelenien, V. Perez-Rosas, R. Mihalcea, and M. Burzo, “Multimodal Gender Detection”, 19th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, ICMI 2017, Glasgow, Scotland, November 13-17th, 2017.
- M. Abouelenien, V. Perez-Rosas, B. Zhao, R. Mihalcea, and M. Burzo, “Gender-based Multimodal Deception Detection”, 32nd ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, ACM SAC 2017, Marrakesh, Morocco, April 2017.
- M. Abouelenien, M. Burzo, R. Mihalcea, "Human Acute Stress Detection via Integration of Physiological Signals and Thermal Imaging", 9th ACM Conference on PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments, PETRA 2016, Corfu, Greece, July 2016.
- V. Perez-Rosas, M. Abouelenien, R. Mihalcea, and M. Burzo “Deception Detection using Real-life Trial Data” 17th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, ICMI 2015, Seattle, WA, USA, November 9-13, 2015.
- V. Perez-Rosas, M. Abouelenien, R. Mihalcea, Y. Xiao, C. Linton and M. Burzo “Verbal and Nonverbal Clues for Real-life Deception Detection” Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing , EMNLP 2015, Lisbon, Portugal, September 17-21, 2015.
- M. Abouelenien, and M. Burzo, and R. Mihalcea “Cascaded Multimodal Analysis of Alertness Related Features for Drivers Safety Applications” ACM 8th international conference on Pervasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments, PETRA 2015, Corfu, Greece, July 1-3, 2015.
- M. Abouelenien, V. Perez-Rosas, R. Mihalcea, and M. Burzo “Deception Detection using a Multimodal Approach” 16th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, ICMI 2014, Istanbul, Turkey, November 12-16, 2014.
- M. Abouelenien and X. Yuan, “Boosting for Learning from Multiclass Data Sets via a Regularized Loss Function”. IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, GRC 2013, Beijing, China, December 13-15, 2013.
- M. Abouelenien and X. Yuan “Incremental SampleBoost for Efficient Learning from Multi-class Data Sets” Data Mining for Medicine and Healthcare in SIAM – International Conference on Data Mining, Austin, Texas, USA, May 2-4, 2013.
- M. Abouelenien and X. Yuan “SampleBoost: Improving Boosting Performance by Destabilizing Weak Learners Based on Weighted Error Analysis” In Proceedings of 21st IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition, IEEE ICPR 2012, Tsukuba, Japan, November 11-15, 2012.
- M. Abouelenien, X. Yuan, B. Giritharan, J. Liu, and S. Tang “Cluster-based Sampling and Ensemble for Bleeding Detection in Capsule Endoscopy Videos”. American Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2012.
- 2019 Toyota Research Institute research grant
- 2019 Procter & Gamble research grant
- 2019 ETS research grant
- 2019 Ford-UM Research Alliance research grant
- 2016 Best Paper Award, ACM PETRA 2016
- 2009-2013 Academic Achievement Scholarship (AAS) - University of North Texas UNT
- 2013 Ranked number one for the Thesis/Dissertation fellowship in the college of engineering at UNT
- 2012 Nominated for the best paper/poster award in the ICMLA’2012 conference
- 2006-2008 Academic Scholarship of the Arab Academy - AAS
2005 Degree of honor, Arab Academy for Science and Technology - AAST
Assistant Professor, Computer and Information Science
Biography and Education
Ph.D., University of North Texas
M.S., Arab Academy for Science and Technology
B.S., Arab Academy for Science and Technology
Teaching and Research
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 2 years 1 month