International Freshman Admissions
How to Apply:
Freshmen who have attended secondary school abroad are expected to meet the same general admissions requirements as U.S. students. Admission is competitive. We encourage students to apply as soon as possible. See deadlines below. An application will not be reviewed until all required materials have been received. A completed application includes the following:
- Submitted online application - it's free and easy! Or, you may apply through the Common Application.
Additional Required Materials
- See academic records for details regarding requirements
- See specific document requirements by country
- Standard College Entrance Examinations scores (optional*)
- UM-Dearborn will not require the submission of ACT or SAT scores for the 2022 undergraduate application year.**
- You will have the option to indicate on the admissions application if you want your test scores factored into your admission decision.
- If you choose to submit scores, follow these links to request that your SAT and/or ACT results be sent to University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Send all materials to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Related to the admission application process: contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com.
|Term||Begins||If Student Visa is required||If Student Visa is not required|
|Winter||January||November 15||December 15|
*Summer enrollment is not advised for entering International students.
Information on Visas
Applicants who plan to enroll as an F1 or J1 visa student must provide additional information to the Office of International Affairs, who manages the student visa process and Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
For more information about study and exchange visas including approximate appointment wait times with your nearest embassy or consulate, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
For questions related to visas, I-20s, international orientation, course selection, and other international related questions, visit the OIA website for Incoming International Students.
Congratulations on becoming a Wolverine! Explore the links and resources below to navigate your next steps.
The primary purpose of the Statement of Student Rights and Code of Student Conduct is to assist the University in providing an environment which supports the educational process and the well-being of the campus community. The responsibility for maintaining such an environment is shared by all members of the campus community including faculty, staff, current and prospective students. Therefore, any person expressing interest in enrolling at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is expected to demonstrate behavior consistent with the Code of Conduct. Behaviors inconsistent with the Code of Student Conduct will not be tolerated. The University seeks applicants that demonstrate the potential to be contributing members of the campus community and reserves the right to deny admission based upon violation(s) of the Code of Student Conduct.
Majors & Minors
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map