Documents Required for Admission
Must be submitted in original language and accompanied by a certified word-for-word English translation.
If you are currently enrolled in upper secondary school:
- Transcripts from lower middle school/初中 (chuzhong) (grade 9), upper middle school/高中 (gaozhong) (grades 10-11), in both Chinese and English.
If you have completed upper secondary school:
- Official transcripts for Lower 初中 (chuzhong) and Upper Middle school 高中 (gaozhong) (grades 9-12)
- Official copy of: Chinese Secondary School Diploma and Chinese Graduation Certificate (毕业证书 (高中) with English translation.
(All required foreign credential transcripts can be submitted either as official originals or certified true (attested) copies to the University of Michigan-Dearborn or via Parchment. Notarized translation booklets will not be accepted.)
- SAT or ACT Score
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score (IELTS, MELAB, or TOEFL)
For students who have taken the GCSE/GCE exams, please submit junior year 3 and subsequent years academics in addition to the following items.
If you are still attending secondary school:
- Submit GCSE/IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education), year 9 and 10 equivalent, and Advanced Subsidiary Levels, year 11 equivalent, where available.
If you have completed secondary school:
- Submit GCSE/IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education), year 9 & 10 equivalent, and GCE (General Certificate of Education), Advanced Level results, years 11 and 12 equivalent.
All required foreign credential transcripts and exam results can be submitted either to the University of Michigan-Dearborn as official original or certified true (attested) copies. Documents sent from the applicant will not be considered official.