The Office of Metropolitan Impact will be operating remotely until further notice. To reach us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please look to our social media for regular updates.
OMI promotes the University's Mission by forging mutually beneficial partnerships.
The mission of the Office of Metropolitan Impact is to further develop the volume, value, and impact of mutually beneficial community partnerships for research, teaching, learning, and service and to enhance aspects of the University’s Metropolitan Vision as defining dimensions of University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- Seed Grant applications are currently being reviewed and will be announced in spring 2021
- The Office of Metropolitan Impact will be operating remotely until further notice. Reach us at email@example.com or through social media, where we will be sharing information on community resources.
- Facebook: officeofmetropolitanimpact
- Twitter: @Met_Impact
- Instagram: met_impact
Catch up on what is happening at the Office of Metropolitan Impact!
- Joshua Akers was recently awarded an off cycle seed grant for his work with Property Praxis, a speculative property mapping tool. This is expected to be especially helpful with the anticipated wave of evictions expected in January. He talks about his work in a recent Reporter article.
- OMI is pleased to welcome two AmeriCorps VISTAs serving in our office for the next year. Tawana Fultz, a former Public Ally, will focus on the design of a Service Scholar AmeriCorps Program for UM-Dearborn students and contributing to research on nontraditional pathways to post-secondary education. Micah Blake-Smith will primarily contribute to SEMI Wild, a regional collective impact network co-founded by OMI in 2015 that has more than 50 regional member organizations. His work will be in close collaboration with the committee on pathways to post-secondary education for Metropolitan Detroit youth, with a particular focus on creating minority interest in career fields related to conservation, parks, recreation, sustainability and the environment.