OMI promotes the University's Mission by forging mutually beneficial partnerships.
The mission of the Office of Metropolitan Impact is to further develop the volume, value, and impact of mutually beneficial community partnerships for research, teaching, learning, and service and to enhance aspects of the Chancellor’s Metropolitan Vision as defining dimensions of University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Catch up on OMI programs in the news:
- OMI Executive Directory Tracy Hall, Ph.D., recently presented at the Fauri Conference on the Ann Arbor campus. For the video, see the following link. https://ssw.umich.edu/offices/alumni/fauri
- Interested in a discretionary seed grant? Visit our Seed Grants page for more details and the application link.
- The winter Poverty Simulation is currently being planned. If you are a faculty member interested in adding the simulation to your syllabus, fill out our handy form.
- Want to know more about the State of the Strait conference and the role OMI played in it?
- Learn more about a grant we received from Poverty Solutions.
OMI supports and increases the local impact of the UM-Dearborn campus in the Metro Detroit area by investing in collaborative projects and initiatives between community and university.
Our work lifts up faculty, supports student success, and increases the positive impact of community and university relationships. Just a few of our many projects are listed below.