Welcome to the Science Learning Center at University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Located in the Natural Sciences Building South (NSBS), room 1143, the Science Learning Center is here to help all students succeed in science courses and laboratories.
Fall and Winter Term Hours
Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM, while classes are in session.
Modules cannot be completed after the last day of classes.
Note: The SLC will be closed from December 20 through January 4. We will re-open at 9:00 AM on January 7, 2019.
About the Science Learning Center
We are here to help you:
Learn essential mathematical, graphing and laboratory skills before you need them in class. This ensures that all science students have the same opportunity for success in science courses regardless of educational background.
Practice using laboratory instruments at your own pace before you use them in lab. This allows you to spend laboratory time efficiently, and ensures that you can safely work with sensitive and expensive equipment.
How to complete assigned modules:
- Check modules and due dates for your courses.
- Start early! Avoid long waits on the due dates.
- Review the modules online before visiting the Science Learning Center.
- For all modules, come in to the Science Learning Center (1143 NSBS) to complete a post-test.
- For most modules you can drop in any time. You’ll need to schedule an appointment to complete the following modules:
- Chemical Nomenclature (Comprehensive, for CHEM 136)
- Transformations of Exponential Equations
- pH Meter
- Spectrometer (Spec 20 and Pasco)
- Digital Multimeter
- To schedule an appointment, login to umdearborn.campus.eab.com, then click the "Get Assistance" button and select "Tutoring", then "Science Learning Center", then the module you need to complete. (See detailed instructions below.)
- If you have any questions at all, visit the Science Learning Center (1143 NSBS), where our trained student assistants are ready to help you!
How to schedule an appointment: Step-by-step instructions
- Go to https://umdearborn.campus.eab.com/
- Enter your UM uniqname and password
- Click on the "Get Assistance" button
- Select "Tutoring", then "Science Learning Center" from the drop-down menu
- Select the module for which you want to make an appointment
- For "Preferred Location", select "Science Learning Center"
- Select your preferred date and time
- Click "Confirm Appointment"
Links to additional resources:
Did You Know?More Facts
We’re home to the Environmental Interpretive Center, working to support efforts related to sustainability, conservation and environmental research.