The Curriculum Knowledge Center (CKC) is a special center and library committed to impacting our metropolitan region in southeast Michigan through learning, teaching and outreach.
The CKC serves as the gateway to CEHHS for children, families and teachers to support teaching and learning and serves as a conduit vehicle for enrollment and persistence in college. The CKC operates as a resource for families by supporting each child's potential as a future college student and encouraging families to continue their own education through enrolling in college courses or other CKC opportunities.
The Curriculum Knowledge Center has a variety of resources, student textbooks and equipment available to develop lesson plans, to fulfill class assignments and design presentations. The resources found in the CKC assist the pre-service teacher in understanding the full scope of what is necessary to become an exemplary teacher and contribute to the success of the education and health and human service students in preparing their coursework. Computers, scanners and software are available for student editing of video presentations. Print materials and study guides for the MTTC are available for check-out. The CKC offers all College of Education, Health, and Human Services students a place to study and complete group projects.
The Curriculum Knowledge Center is located in 267, FCS (Fairlane Center South).
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday: CLOSED
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: CLOSED
Through a partnership with the UM-Dearborn Mardigian Library, the catalog for books in the CEHHS Curriculum Knowledge Center is now online.
To search the catalog within the CKC collection, go to the Mardigian Library Catalog Advanced Search page and select "CEHHS Curriculum Center" from the box marked "Location." You will also need to enter other search criteria, such as keyword, title, author or subject.
Students, faculty, and staff may check-out materials from the CKC collection by presenting a valid MCard (UM-Dearborn photo ID card).
- The loan period for books is 3 weeks with 3 renewal options unless someone else has placed a recall or hold on the item
- Books may be renewed in person or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. If requesting renewal electronically, you must include the title of the item you wish to renew and must provide your student I.D. number
- All materials are subject to recalls
- Students receive library privileges only during semesters they are enrolled in classes
- Books borrowed from the Curriculum Knowledge Library MUST be returned to the Curriculum Knowledge Center
Instructional Learning Manager