Graduate Professional Development Series
Develop Yourself to Be the Best You Can Be!
Current graduate students are invited to participate in professional development workshops, student competitions, and training sessions in order to develop skills essential not only in graduate school but also in the current work place. Participating in these events offers an ideal opportunity to network with industry leaders and other graduate students and grow both personally and professionally.
Upcoming Professional Development Workshops
There are currently no professional development workshops scheduled. As new sessions are scheduled, they will be available for registration on this page.
We will also share and advertise the new series on our Office of Graduate Studies Facebook page. In the meantime, you can utilize recordings and resources from previous professional development workshops below.
Past Professional Development Workshop Videos
View some of our previous professional development workshops via recording on the Blue Jeans & Zoom Apps. We have a wide range of topics that are loaded with helpful information from our expert presenters.
- Ask Me Anything: What I Wish I knew About Grad School Panel
- Making the Most of your Advisor, Faculty, and Staff Resources
- Getting Published in a Scholarly Journal
- The Power of Networking
- Delivering Audience Centered and Confident Research Presentations
- Job Search Techniques and Preparation
- Navigating the Virtual Job Search
- Resume Writing, CV, and Cover Letter Tips & Tricks
- Using Social Media for Professional and Personal Branding and Web Presence
- Professional Writing Skills and Campus Writing Resources
- Stress Management & Work-Life-Play Balance
- Finance 101
- How to Get Your Thesis or Dissertation Done!
- The Rationale and Strategy of the Literature Review
- Using Mendeley
- Using Zotero to Collect, Organize, and Cite Your Research
- APA 7 Overview & Current Practices
- How to Manage Data & Use Deep Blue
- Tips and Tricks for Managing Your Research
Archive of Workshop Resources
|Job Search Techniques|
|Navigating the Virtual Job Search|
|Resume, CV, & Cover Letter Writing|
|The Power of Networking|
|Effective Time Management|
|LinkedIn: Tricks and Tips|
|Graduating From Stress|
Office of Graduate Studies
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map