Payment Methods

How to Make Payments on Your Account

The University of Michigan-Dearborn accepts online payment options as electronic checks ("eCheck," no fee) or credit cards (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express) via Flywire, a third party online payment service.  A non-refundable service fee will apply to all credit card transactions.  Payments of cash, personal checks, and money orders are also accepted.

Credit card and electronic check ("eCheck") tuition payments are accepted on the University website by using the following steps:

  1.  Access your Student Accounts Self Service (
  2.  Login using your University of Michigan email address and password (an additional information consent form may display).
  3.  Select "Make a Payment" from the top right-hand corner.
  4. Select / enter your payment amount and select “Continue.”
  5.  Select your desired payment method: New or Saved Credit / Debit Card, New or Saved Bank Account ("eCheck"). 
  6.  Select “Continue” and follow the instructions for your selected method.

We now offer ACH Account Validation service upon submitting a payment when using a checking or savings account at certain banks. If you entered your account information incorrectly, you will receive an error message the instant you attempt to make a payment, shielding you from a potential returned check issue.

(In the event a refund is issued for a term with a credit card payment, the refund must be issued to the credit card up to the total amount of the credit card payment[s])

Paper checks and money orders must be made payable to University of Michigan and include the student's University ID number to ensure prompt and correct credit to a student account. Tuition payments by check or money order may be made as follows: (1) deposited at any time in the Student Accounts drop box (located on the exterior wall, northwest corner of the James C. Renick University Center building), or (2) mailed to Student Accounts. Students must allow at least 30 business days for Postal Service delivery and staff processing prior to the due date. Please check your student account to verify your payment was received. 

Please address all mail as follows:

University of Michigan-Dearborn
Student Accounts
4901 Evergreen Rd.
1187 James C. Renick University Center
Dearborn, MI 48128-2406

A $25.00 charge is applied to all returned checks, money orders, and ACH transactions. In addition, returned checks, money orders, and ACH transactions related to hold releases and registration will result in disenrollment. If electronic check payments made online are returned twice, a "RW" hold will be added to the account for one year. 

Receipts cannot be mailed. Receipts will not be issued for non-online payments.

Cash payments for your UM-Dearborn Student Account are now being accepted at University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) in the James C. Renick University Center. Cash payments are no longer accepted at the Student Accounts payment windows. A UMCU bank account is not required to make this payment.  An appointment with UMCU in the James C. Renick University Center is not required to make this payment. The UMCU branch at James C. Renick University Center is open 9:00AM to 2:00PM and 2:30PM to 5:30PM Monday to Friday. Please follow the steps below to complete the payment:

  1. Log into your student account at Student Accounts Self Service to confirm the balance you want to pay. UMCU will be able to take the cash payment, but their staff will not be able to identify student account balance owed. 
  2. Go to the branch, show your University ID, show either your Driver's License or Passport Number for tax purposes, then submit the cash payment, indicating it is to be credited to your University of Michigan-Dearborn student account at the UMID number presented.  You will receive a receipt to keep for your records.
  3. Confirm on your next eStatement that the transaction is observable on your student account. If you require a hold to be removed from your student account, send an email to [email protected] requesting the hold to be removed. The hold may not be able to be reviewed until the day after the payment to UMCU in James C. Renick University Center is processed. If you have questions about the process, you may contact UMCU by phone at 734-662-8200 ext. 3935.

Other UMCU branches are able to perform this service. The procedure may be modified to the steps outlined.

Authorized Users

Students can add other people they choose to become Authorized Users on the Student Accounts Self-Service website. Authorized Users can view student account activity, make payments on behalf of the student, and enroll in payment plans.

To add an Authorized User:

  • Students log into the UM-Dearborn Connect site with their username, password, and two-factor authentication.
  • Navigate to Student Services, Student Account, Student Accounts Self-Service
  • Continue to the website
  • Choose Authorized Users in the My Profile Setup section
  • Add Authorized User
  • Submit the email address and access limitations of the new account.

For Authorized Users who received two emails granting access:

International Currency Payments

University of Michigan-Dearborn has partnered with Flywire to provide international students with an easy and secure method to make international tuition paymentsFlywire allows students to pay securely from any country and any bank in their home currency. For additional information, navigate to the main International Payments webpage.

Third-Party Sponsor Billing

Students whose tuition and fees are to be paid by an employer, agency, or other sponsor, must have authorization on file with the Student Accounts office. Vouchers are posted onto student accounts after the last day to add/drop courses in the current term registration period. The voucher posting process can take multiple weeks to complete.

A voucher is a customized authorization form created by the student's third-party contact, stating a financial guarantee that student account charges will be paid based upon the authorizer's criteria.  A voucher can be submitted to Student Accounts dropbox outside the James C. Renick University Center building or emailed to [email protected].

If you are receiving other forms of tuition assistance, it is important that you include the voucher information to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships so that it is calculated in your financial aid package. Qualifying credit balances can be considered for refunding after the voucher is posted to the student account, which occurs after the drop/add registration period.

Additional information regarding Veterans Affairs (VA) summer billing, Michigan Education Trust (MET), Michigan Education Savings Plan (MESP), and payments using 529 plans can be found at the main Third Party Sponsor Billing webpage.

Student Accounts

Outside 1600 - Social Sciences Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map
Phone: 313-593-5300
Fax: 313-593-3917