Ways to Make Payments on Your Account
The University of Michigan-Dearborn will accept payments of cash, personal checks, and money orders. Online payment options are electronic checks (ACH for no fee) or credit cards (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express) via TouchNet Pay Path, a third party online payment service. A 2.95% non-refundable service fee will apply to all credit card transactions.
Credit card and electronic check (ACH) tuition payments are accepted on the University website by using the following steps:
- Go to myaccount.umd.umich.edu
- Login using your unique name and password (an additional information consent form may also appear).
- Go to the "Make a Payment" menu tab and follow references and instructions to making a payment.
- Select your payment term and confirm the amount to pay (you may edit the value enclosed in a box to the far right).
- Select desired payment method: Credit Card via PayPath, Electronic Check (checking/savings), or a custom saved payment method previously added by the student if applicable. Apple Pay is available on an iOS device after choosing Credit Card via PayPath.
- Enter your banking information and authorize agreements as instructed (or select Apple Pay or credit card after the PayPath popup window initializes)
We now offer ACH Account Validation service upon submitting a payment when using a checking or savings account at certain banks. If you entered your account information incorrectly, you will receive an error message the instant you attempt to make a payment, shielding you from a potential returned check issue.
(In the event a refund is issued for a term with a credit card payment, the refund must be issued to the credit card up to the total amount of the credit card payment[s])
Paper checks and money orders must be made payable to University of Michigan and include the student's University ID number to ensure prompt and correct credit to a student account. Tuition payments by check or money order may be made as follows: (1) deposited at any time in the Student Accounts drop box (located on the exterior wall, northwest corner of the James C. Renick University Center building), or (2) mailed to Student Accounts. Students must allow at least 30 business days for Postal Service delivery and staff processing prior to the due date. Please check your student account to verify your payment was received.
Please address all mail as follows:
University of Michigan-Dearborn
4901 Evergreen Rd.
1187 James C. Renick University Center
Dearborn, MI 48128-2406
A $25.00 charge is applied to all returned checks, money orders, and ACH transactions. In addition, returned checks, money orders, and ACH transactions related to hold releases and registration will result in disenrollment. If electronic check payments made online are returned twice, a "RW" hold will be added to the account for one year.
Receipts cannot be mailed. Receipts will not be issued for non-online payments.
Cash payments for your UM-Dearborn Student Account are now being accepted at University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) in the James C. Renick University Center. Cash payments are no longer accepted at the Student Accounts payment windows. A UMCU bank account is not required to make this payment. An appointment with UMCU in the James C. Renick University Center is not required to make this payment. The UMCU branch at James C. Renick University Center is open 9:00AM to 2:00PM and 2:30PM to 5:30PM Monday to Friday. Please follow the steps below to complete the payment:
- Log into your student account at Student Accounts Self Service to confirm the balance you want to pay. UMCU will be able to take the cash payment, but their staff will not be able to identify student account balance owed.
- Go to the branch, show your University ID then submit the cash payment, indicating it is to be credited to your University of Michigan-Dearborn student account at the UMID number presented. You will receive a receipt to keep for your records.
- Confirm on your next eStatement that the transaction is observable on your student account. If you require a hold to be removed from your student account, send an email to email@example.com requesting the hold to be removed. The hold may not be able to be reviewed until the day after the payment to UMCU in James C. Renick University Center is processed. If you have questions about the process, you may contact UMCU by phone at 734-662-8200 ext. 3935.
Other UMCU branches are able to perform this service. The procedure may be modified to the steps outlined.
Students can add other people they choose to become Authorized Users on the Student Accounts Self-Service website. Authorized Users can view student account activity, make payments on behalf of the student, and enroll in payment plans.
To add an Authorized User:
- Students log into the UM-Dearborn Connect site with their username, password, and two-factor authentication.
- Navigate to Student Services, Student Account, Student Accounts Self-Service
- Continue to the website
- Choose Authorized Users in the My Profile Setup section
- Add Authorized User
- Submit the email address and access limitations of the new account.
For Authorized Users who received two emails granting access:
- Go to the Student Accounts Self-Service Authorized User site
- Under Authorized Users, log in using the email and password
International Currency Payments
University of Michigan-Dearborn has partnered with Flywire to provide international students with an easy and secure method to make international tuition payments. Flywire allows students to pay securely from any country and any bank in their home currency. For additional information, navigate to the main International Payments webpage.
Third-Party Sponsor Billing
Students whose tuition and fees are to be paid by an employer, agency, or other sponsor, must have authorization on file with the Student Accounts office. Vouchers are posted onto student accounts after the last day to add/drop courses in the current term registration period. The voucher posting process can take multiple weeks to complete.
A voucher is a customized authorization form created by the student's third-party contact, stating a financial guarantee that student account charges will be paid based upon the authorizer's criteria. A voucher can be submitted to Student Accounts dropbox outside the James C. Renick University Center building or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are receiving other forms of tuition assistance, it is important that you include the voucher information to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships so that it is calculated in your financial aid package. Qualifying credit balances can be considered for refunding after the voucher is posted to the student account, which occurs after the drop/add registration period.
Additional information regarding Veterans Affairs (VA) summer billing, Michigan Education Trust (MET), Michigan Education Savings Plan (MESP), and payments using 529 plans can be found at the main Third Party Sponsor Billing webpage.
Current Term Payment Plans
The University of Michigan-Dearborn provides a program for current terms available at the Student Accounts Self Service website in the Payment Plans menu. Students enrolled in this program will traditionally pay a setup fee to have their tuition and fees divided into equal installments due on fixed dates once a month. Special "Financial Aid" payment plans will require specific percentage payments of an overall balance on those installment dates.
More information regarding current term payment plans like plan names, enrollment deadlines, and installment dates can be found at the main Payment Plans webpage.
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map