A petition may be used to request an exception to some academic rule or policy. This page provides information on the campus-wide Academic Petitions Policy as well as a link to submit academic petitions requests.
Students must complete and submit the following online form for petitioning academic policies, course equivalencies, or the Dearborn Discovery Core at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- Add, Drop, or Withdrawal late
- Exceed maximum hours allowed
- Program time limit extension
- Graduate *for Program Time Limit policy, please see program page
- Readmission/Reinstatement request
- Incomplete (I/IE) contract extension
- Exception to Senior Residency Requirement
- Pre-requisite/co-requisite exception
- Exception or substitution of a requirement
- Graduate *for specific program requirements, please see program page
- Exception to standard grade mode for Non-Degree Guest