U.S. Regional Accreditation

To find out if your US undergraduate institution meets our criteria, please review the material below.

In order to be eligible to apply for graduate study at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, we require that your undergraduate degree-granting institution has been accredited by one of the six Regional Accrediting Bodies recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).  See itemization below by state: 

Higher Learning Commission (HLC) - Covers degree granting institutions in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or Wyoming 

Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) - Covers degree-granting institutions in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

New England Association of Schools and Colleges - Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE) - Covers degree-granting institutions in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) - Covers degree-granting institutions in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon Utah and Washington

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) - Covers degree-granting institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia

WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) - Covers degree-granting institutions in California and Hawaii

Office of Graduate Studies

1055 - Administration Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map
Phone: 313-583-6321
Fax: 313-436-9156