Pay Your Graduate Enrollment Deposit
Reserve Your Spot!
Effective Fall 2023 Term, to accept your offer of graduate admission to the University of Michigan-Dearborn, you will need to submit a non-refundable $250 Enrollment Deposit.* This deposit is credited to your student account and applied toward your first term’s bill.
We do not have a deposit deadline, but you are encouraged to keep the registration timetable in mind. You will not be able to register for courses or apply for an I-20 (relevant to international students attending on a student visa) until the enrollment deposit has been paid. College of Business students requiring a math course as a condition of admission will need to pay the deposit prior to requesting a voucher for the math placement exam.
*Important note: Graduate enrollment deposits are not required of fully funded PhD admits and current UM-Dearborn undergraduate students admitted into a 4+1/Accelerated Masters program.
Ways to Pay:
- Via UM-Dearborn Application Portal
- Login with the username and password you created in order to view your application checklist and decision offer.
- Once in your portal, select "View Your Decision"
- Select "Reply to Offer"
- Select "Accept Offer"
- Follow prompts to pay the deposit via MasterCard, Discover, Visa, or American Express.
- If you are not ready to pay the deposit at the same time you accept your offer in the application portal, you can come back and do so later.
- Via Student Accounts Self-Service
- Login with your university-assigned uniqname and password
- Go to Deposits in the upper menu.
- Choose the Term in the dropdown box, then hit Select.
A second dropdown box appears. Choose the deposit payment type "Grad Enrollment Dep" tied to your start term, then hit Select, then Continue.
Select Electronic Check from the Method dropdown box, then hit Select.
Follow the prompts to input your bank account information. Click Continue when ready.
An agreement message will appear. Checkmark the box that you agree to the payment method used and hit Continue where required.
- Via Flywire (allows students to pay securely from any country and any bank in their home currency, no intermediary bank fees, competitive rates)
- Navigate to Student Profile. Login using your uniqname and password where required.
- In the lower left corner, choose International Tuition Payment. This will navigate to the Flywire website.
- On the Flywire website, select the payment method you wish to make and initiate the payment by following the prompts and logging into your Flywire account. If you do not have a Flywire account, you will follow the instructions to create an account.
- Be sure to select the $250 Enrollment Deposit as the Payment Type.
- Follow the remaining prompts and steps to submit payment.
- More details can be found on the Student Accounts page. Use the instant message chat features within Flywire for additional questions on making the payment. If there are difficulties confirming if the payment was submitted, wired, or delivered, direct questions to email@example.com
Office of Graduate Studies
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map