Begin your Health Professions journey here whether you are a first year student or a transfer student.
While you are at UM-Dearborn, learn about: your health professions area of interest, the advising curriculum to help you prepare, and how to develop your clinical and personal skills needed to help your fellow humans and animals as a future health care professional.
HPA at UM-Dearborn
At UM-Dearborn, you will obtain a strong liberal arts and science education to prepare you for any of the competitive health professions (HP) graduate programs (HPA Curriculum & FAQs). Be part of mentoring, professional schools visits, clinical research or pre-health professions student groups while you are on your pre-Health Professions student journey (HPA Programs).
Health Professions Advising Journey
Visit the Health Professions advising website
to learn about health professions advising curriculum and programs.
Attend an HPA new student session
Learn what it means to be on a Health Professions Track.
- Get ready for your future. This session will provide information on what you can do to plan your journey to Health Professions School.
- Students who attend will receive resources related to HPA information.
As an HPA student you will be added to a special email list. You will also have access to a private Google Classroom with resources and topics on health professions.
Join student organizations
Search Victors Link for Health Professions Clubs by selecting the Health Professions category.
Make an appointment
Meet with an HPA team member once a semester.
Apply for the pre-med mentoring program
Join a student organization and take on more leadership roles this year
Attend HPA application sessions
Attend one of the many HPA-focused events
like the Health Profession Schools Information Fair
Work with the HPA Director
to prepare your personal statement. And don't forget to apply!
Attend an HPA interview session
Sign up for mock interviews
HPA Student Success
- UM-Dearborn is above national acceptance rates for MD and DO medical school (41% and 45%, respectively) with our acceptance rate of 62%.
- When adjusted for an overall GPA (>3.7) and a high level of clinical and personal competencies, UM-Dearborn students are accepted to medical school at 77%.
- We use a mission-based advising model and curriculum to advise our students.