The mission of Business Affairs is to support the University through quality management of the financial, human and physical resources – the campus’ business operations.
We provide leadership to the campus community in financial management and stewardship; in developing and administering University policies and procedures that support high performance and great service; and in providing a safe environment that has great facilities and grounds. We are also focused on providing an inclusive work environment based on trust and respect. In fulfilling our mission, Business Affairs will align our work to support the top priorities seeking out high performance and great service through partnerships, strong teamwork and communication. We are committed to matching the talents of our staff members with the requirements of their jobs; and to developing, recognizing, and rewarding excellence in organizational and team effectiveness.
- Data-driven decision making
- Positive culture
- Financial health and leveraging
- Facilities Operations: Carol Glick, 313-593-5380
- Planning, construction, designing, and ongoing maintenance and operations
- Financial Services: Noel Hornbacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Managing the financial resources and information
- Human Resources: Rima Berry-Hung, 313-593-5190
- Guiding staff and faculty recruitment and development through training and consultation
- Public Safety: Gary Gorski, 313-593-9953
- Professional services to promote a safe environment for UM-Dearborn students, visitors, faculty, and staff