Graduate Application Status
Monitor your status online for current updates.
One of the many benefits to applying online is the ability to log in at anytime to check for updates on your application. We recommend that you do not review your portal until receiving a confirmation email that processing on your submitted application is complete. CAS applicants will receive access to the portal once the submitted CAS application is processed by our team.
We recommend applicants be familiar with the instructions, timelines, and tips below. If you have questions via email, please allow 24 hours for a response. Our business hours are 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday.
Current Processing Time: 7-10 business days
- Go to the Admissions Portal
- Enter your username (email address used to submit application) and password; click "Sign In"
- Under My Applications, select the appropriate application
- Your Checklist will be updated as your application progresses through the process (review the accordions below for when to monitor your status and timing of updates)
- When an admission decision is available your portal will be updated.
Do you have questions about how to submit outstanding items? Review the How to Apply instructions.
Need Help Logging In?
If you want to check your application status online and have forgotten your password, please utilize the “Forgot Password” function under the sign in button.
When your Online Application is submitted, we require processing time to review your submitted application and individualize your missing items checklist. Some items uploaded into the Online Application are not automatically marked Complete until they have been reviewed during this process. We recommend the Admissions Portal (Checklist) is not monitored until you receive email confirmation that processing of your submitted application is complete.
CAS applicants will receive access to the Admissions Portal once the submitted application is processed by our team.
Generally submitted applications are processed within 5-7 business days (Monday-Friday) after submission. This timeline may be affected during times of high volume.
All applicants applying to a fully online program must complete a supplemental Online Student Disclosures and Certifications form that will appear in your UM-Dearborn applicant portal after application submission alongside your application checklist. This covers important Distance Education Student Information and Procedures and Export Control Regulations our campus must follow.
Our normal processing time upon receipt is 3-5 business days (Monday-Friday) before your application summary will reflect an updated document in the portal for most document types (ex. transcripts, updated resumes, etc.). This timeline may be affected during times of high volume, though generally not more than 7-10 business days (Monday-Friday).
Note that different document types have different processing procedures and can therefore update at different times, even if submitted on the same day.
IMPORTANT: Documents sent physically to the Office of Graduate Studies will experience delayed processing as we are not on campus daily. We encourage you to account for the processing delay in relation or our deadlines and consider sending materials via email when possible. If you have questions, please reach out to the Office of Graduate Studies.
Official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, GRE, and GMAT scores are not individually downloaded when the scores are released to our institution. Scores are generally downloaded in batches every other week from the testing organizations. Upon download, we require normal processing time before the portal reflects receipt of the score(s). If your scores were sent to UM-Dearborn prior to submitting your application, your score(s) may not be processed until the next bi-weekly batch after application submission.
If your portal shows an outstanding item that you submitted and it is beyond the expected processing time listed above, please contact Graduate Studies to troubleshoot receipt. In order to best assist you, please include the following in your message:
- Complete name on submitted application
- Complete name on submitted document/test score
- Submitted date or expected receipt date
- Method of delivery (ex. Parchment, physical mail, institution code 1861, etc.)
- Where it was sent (ex. address, email address, account, etc.)
- If applicable, screenshot of delivery confirmation
Applicants who believe they are eligible for the GMAT/GRE waiver select "Yes" when prompted in the Test Score section of the online application. Once all required materials except the GMAT/GRE test score have been marked as received in your online portal, your file is routed to the College of Business to review your request for the waiver.
Applications are not sent for decision review until all required supplemental materials are received/processed.
When applying to a program with rolling admission, complete files are generally reviewed within 2-3 weeks. When a decision is returned from the committee, your admission portal will be updated to reflect your admission decision. An email notification will also be sent.
When applying to a program with a hard deadline, all applications with a complete application by the posted deadline are routed to the admission review committee after the deadline has passed. A decision will not come until after the review committee has met and reviewed all complete applications. When a decision is returned from the committee, your admission portal will be updated to reflect your admission decision. An email notification will also be sent.
Complete files are generally reviewed within 2-3 weeks. When a decision is returned from the academic unit, your admission portal will be updated to reflect your admission decision. An email notification will also be sent.
Eligible applicants are admitted on a space-available basis for the specific course(s) requested in the Online Application. Review generally begins one month before the start of classes. Delayed decisions for NCFD/Guest applications are generally due to anticipated course enrollment from degree-seeking students. When a decision is returned an email notification will be sent. If you are experiencing a delayed review, please reach out to get an expected timeline.
Applicants offered admission pending final documentation must submit their outstanding materials by the end of their first term of enrollment unless an individual extension request is granted. Our normal processing time upon receipt in Graduate Studies is 3-5 business days (Monday-Friday) before the portal reflects receipt. This timeline may take longer in times of high volume, especially at the start of the term or when the registration period begins for the next term. Once processing is complete your portal will reflect the update and related holds will be released.
If materials were submitted via "true copies" with One Stop Student Services, the copies are scanned and transferred over to Graduate Studies for processing. Once the documents enter our queue, the processing time noted above begins.
Important Tips for Monitoring Your Status
- The 100% Complete indication for a submitted application refers to the Online Application itself, not your admissions file. Please utilize the checklist for getting to a complete admissions file. See Submitted Application Processing Timeline above for more information on when your checklist is updated upon application submission.
- Some items uploaded into the Online Application are not automatically marked as Complete; they require manual review and are updated during initial processing (see Submitted Application Processing Timeline above).
- Additional items may appear on your checklist as needed.
- Questions about how to submit outstanding items? Review the How to Apply instructions.
- If you need to make changes to your application (information or updated documents), do not complete a new application. Reach out to the Office of Graduate Studies via email and a staff member can either provide guidance or update that information for you.
Please contact Graduate Admissions with any questions about the admissions process. Please allow 24 hours for a response. Our business hours are 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday.