Congratulations on your admission to the University of Michigan-Dearborn!
This page is designed to help guide you through your next steps as you prepare to enroll.
Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information: UM-Dearborn is committed to protecting your health and safety by minimizing potential spread of the disease. Because of this precaution, the University has cancelled in-person events in support of the statewide "social distancing" strategy.
We encourage you to direct any immediate inquiries to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions email account which is actively monitored: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admitted Students Next Steps
Please follow the steps below keep you on track to start your educational journey at UM-Dearborn.
Create Your Wolverine Identity
When you were admitted, you should have received an email from email@example.com with instructions on setting up your uniqname and umich.edu email account. This email also included your 8-digit University of Michigan ID number (UMID). You must have both the UMID and uniqname to sign up for placement exams and orientation, and register for classes. After you have created your uniqname, please allow two business days for it to be added to our system.
If you received your UMID and haven't setup your unique name, you can obtain your uniqname now at the ITS website.
Fill out the FAFSA
Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
Pay Your Enrollment Deposit
Submit Your Non-Refundable $50 Enrollment Deposit.
Submit Final Documents
- Final Official High School transcripts
- Advanced Placement test scores - our AP code is 1861 (if applicable)
- Dual Enrollment/College transcripts - or any college courses taken while in high school (if applicable)
Submit final documents to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For information on submitting documents, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you register for Orientation, you will also sign up for Placement Exams if required. If required, plan to take your Freshman Placement Exams for first-year students at least two weeks prior to your Academic Advising appointment (see Orientation Process below for details) in order to have your results available during your virtual meeting to register for classes. Taking these exams does not bind you to the University in any way.
Mathematics Placement Exam
- All students are required to take the Mathematics placement exam except for those students who have qualifying Advanced Placement exam scores or Dual Enrollment courses.
Foreign Language Placement Exam
- The Foreign Language placement exam is strongly recommended for students with less than three years prior experience in a language who plan to continue taking courses in that same language at UM-Dearborn.
Winter 2021 Orientation & Registration Process
Orientation/Placement Exams registration is now open.
In order to enroll in classes for the Winter 2021 semester, you will need to complete the following two step Winter Orientation process:
- Online Orientation Modules - You will complete the online orientation course via Canvas. Information to complete this Online Orientation Course will be sent to the email address used when you applied.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor - Once you have completed the online orientation, you will receive an email (to your university umich email account) to schedule a Virtual Appointment to meet with your academic advisor to register for classes. Both advising and registration will be completed remotely during your virtual appointment. Instructions for scheduling your advising appointment will be sent to your University umich email account.
Summer/Fall 2021 Orientation and Placement Exams
Registration for Orientation and Placement Exams will open in April 2021.
First-Year Students Orientation Day
First-Year Students Orientation Day is designed to cover all general aspects of the University to help you prepare for the Fall semester. Attending Orientation is required and essential to register for classes. We strongly recommend signing up for an early orientation session in order to have the best selection of courses! Orientation Day is held during June, July and August and will be available to sign up in April 2021.
You will not be able to register for Summer/Fall Orientation until your enrollment deposit has been paid.
If you have any questions about Orientation, please email the Orientation Office at email@example.com.
Go Blue Orientation and Convocation (Summer/Fall 2021)
Registration for Go Blue Orientation & Convocation will open in July 2021.
Go Blue Orientation and Convocation will be held prior to the start of the fall semester. You will be able to join new incoming Wolverines and celebrate the start of the school year and get connected to campus! This pre-semester Go Blue kick-off celebration is one you don’t want to miss!
Review Important Dates
Consult the academic calendar to know when the semester starts and when breaks and exams take place.
Books and supplies
Visit the Barnes & Noble Bookstore website.
Paying Your Tuition
Learn about the Honors Program
The Honors Program is designed for qualified, highly-motivated students who want an extra level of challenge and stimulus in their college experience.
Explore near campus housing options including The Union at Dearborn.
UM Emergency Alert is a mass, urgent notification system, comprised of a variety of methods by which the University can contact students, faculty and staff of an active, major campus emergency. Visit the website to sign up.
You’re Admitted - now Celebrate!
Tell the world you’re a #DearbornWolverine! with fun social graphics.