UM-Dearborn Business Idea Pitch
Students develop these skills by learning about some of the region's most pressing concerns. By pitching their creative ideas for solving these issues, students have a chance to win thousands of dollars in cash prizes.
Check back later for more details regarding the 2024 competition!
Business Idea Pitch Details
What challenges do you face daily when it comes to healthy living or mobility? Healthy living and mobility issues impact our lives daily -- whether it be on campus, in our homes, or at work. If these obstacles are affecting you, then they must be affecting others, right?
In a two-step process, individuals or teams of up to six members start by submitting ideas online.
Ideas are reviewed by experts. The general public also has the chance to vote for ideas. The top ten teams selected present their ideas for additional cash prizes on Pitch Day.
During the pitch competition, teams have five minutes to describe their business idea more fully as they present to a panel of judges.
Prizes are split among several worthy projects according to the panel of judges.
Final pitch presentations describe the product or service, the target customer or user, the market potential of the idea, identify competitors, and demonstrate how the idea is different from the competition.
Open to all current UM-Dearborn students of any major or background.
We want students to come up with great ideas! Students may enter their ideas for a chance to win thousands of dollars in cash prizes. We encourage students to submit their ideas related to healthy living or mobility challenges, however students can submit ideas that are not related to these topics.
The 2023 UM-Dearborn Business Idea Pitch Competition took place on Thursday, January 26th. Check back later for details regarding the 2024 event.
Enter for the chance to win cash prizes, network with successful UM-Dearborn alumni, and gain real world experience in problem solving and pitching.
Teams must first submit their ideas online. Ideas with the most votes and those chosen by judges will move forward to present on Pitch Day.
- Must be a current student or team of current students (up to 6 members per team) at UM-Dearborn to participate.
- To register and be eligible to participate, you must submit your pitch application by TBD.
- Presentations on Pitch Day can be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Presentations on Pitch Day can include a slide presentation (e.g., PowerPoint).
- Presentations on Pitch Day must be live. Recorded presentations/videos will not be permitted.
- Participants (at least one team member from a team) must attend the pitch competition to collect any prizes.