Advising and Registration
We offer academic advising to all current students to help with course planning and degree requirements.
Visit our virtual office for drop-in COB master's student advising:
Great for quick questions and shorter advising conversations!
Drop-in advising will resume the week of August 29. In the meantime, please call or email with a question or to request an appointment.
Speak with an academic advisor by email, phone, or video
- Quick questions: call us at 313-593-4776 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic planning and other in-depth questions: call us at 313-593-4776 or email us at email@example.com to schedule a phone or video advising appointment. Please be specific, and please include your full name and UMID number in your email.
- Learn more about the University of Michigan-Dearborn's current COVID-19 response. We remain fully operational and are ready to assist you.
Future students and admission inquires
- Call us at 313-593-4776 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a quick question or set up an admissions counseling appointment by phone or video.
- Attend a graduate information session. We frequently hold information sessions and open houses, both online and on campus, to help students learn more about our MBA and MS programs, dual-degree and online options, and the admission process.
Course Planning Tools
Degree Works allows you to check your progress towards your degree. Are you planning to graduate next semester? See graduation information below. The reference guide lists all COB graduate courses and the semesters in which they are offered.
Additional Academic Planning Resources
Bring Your Own Device
The College of Business uses a "Bring Your Own Device" instructional model for graduate education. We recommend all graduate business students purchase a laptop computer that meets the "Bring Your Own Device" specifications. Laptops are required in several courses, each of which is noted each semester in the College's graduate Course Schedule (above).
Graduation and Commencement
All students must apply to graduate. We urge you to apply immediately after registering for your final semester so that we can complete your degree audit and give you time to change your final course selections if necessary.
If you wish to attend the optional commencement ceremony, fill out the separate commencement request form. August graduates may attend the December commencement ceremony.