Academic advisors are available to provide information about program requirements, University policies and procedures, and campus resources.
At this time, all University related student services are being delivered in remote formats. Please click on the blue button below for further information.
Be sure to set up and check your umich email account regularly so you will not miss important information regarding registration, required advising, and academic or disciplinary decisions. All e-mail communication is done through your "@umich" email account.
E-mails should be composed in a professional manner. When contacting an advisor, faculty, or any University employee, make sure to include your name and student ID number. Utilize correct form, punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
If you are contacting more than one advisor about the same situation, use the copy (cc) function in the address bar. Do not send the same message to multiple people individually.
If you have taken courses at another school and are utilizing an electronic transcript service to have them delivered to this office, order them to be sent to email@example.com.
This schedule includes information regarding meeting times of your online courses.
Changes to the schedule may occur. We suggest that you check the document periodically to see if there have been any updates to your classes.
Information is available through the Office of the Registrar. You can find information, such as:
- Registration Timetable
- Procedures and deadlines to add/drop/withdraw
- Class schedules and descriptions.
Who: College of Business students who do not have a registration hold.
What: Registration for business courses before regular University registration opens, allowing COB students first access to the business courses required for their degree.
Where: Online through UM-Dearborn Connect
When: 8:00 am - 11:45 pm each day
October for the winter semester and March for the summer and fall semesters.
Why: Students who take advantage of priority registration are better able to progress through their program and graduate as planned.
Priority Registration Timetable for Winter 2021
Monday, October 26 BBA Seniors (85+ completed credits) All three days
Tuesday, October 27 All BBA Students This day and the next
Wednesday, October 28 Prebusiness Students This day only
- Identify your first day of eligibility.
- Register on-line through UM-Dearborn Connect.
- You may change your schedule as many times as you wish during the priority registration time frame.
- Once the priority registration period is over, you may adjust your business courses and register for non-business courses during the campus-wide registration period. You can find your first day of eligibility on the registration timetable.
- If a course is full, you are advised to place yourself on the waitlist so that we are able to track students’ needs.
- If space becomes available and the COB registers you for the class, you will be contacted via your UM-Dearborn email.
There are instances when students have a hold on their registration. Any student who has a registration hold must speak with an advisor to have a hold removed prior to registering for an upcoming semester. Students having holds are notified of this by email from the Student Services Office.
Most prebusiness students are required to meet with an academic advisor twice a year in order to review their progression toward BBA admission.
- August 1 begins the advising period for winter registration.
- January 1 begins the advising period for summer and fall registration.
BBA students who are approaching senior standing are required to complete a Graduation Plan. This is a term-by-term course plan which identifies the program requirements still needed for completion of the BBA and the best course of action to complete them.
Students whose cumulative, COB, or concentration GPA has dropped below 2.0 are placed on probation. These students are required to speak with an advisor concerning probationary status and sign a probation contract.