Academic advisors are available to provide information about program requirements, University policies and procedures, and campus resources.
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 5:00 and 5:30 appointments available by request
- Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Advising appointments can be made Monday - Friday between 9:00 and 4:30. Students needing 5:00 or 5:30, can schedule a meeting on Thursdays. Appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes and must be rescheduled if arrival time is 15 minutes beyond the scheduled start time.
Reasons to schedule an appointment are:
- Required advising
- BBA audit
- Academic probation
- Extension forms for international students
- Long term course planning
- College of Business orientations
- Required advising
During walk-in advising, students are able to meet with an advisor on a first come, first serve basis.
Current Walk-in Schedule: Wednesdays, 9:00 - 4:00
Appointments are limited to 15 minutes and are intended for quick questions. Reasons to come to walk-in advising are:
- Registration questions
- Referral to campus resources
- Clarification of policy, procedure or deadline
- Financial Aid Appeal Form (SAP)
Be sure to set up and check your umich email account regularly so you will not miss important information regarding registration, required advising, and academic discipline decisions. All e-mail communication is done through your umich email account.
When contacting an advisor, make sure to include your name and student ID number. E-mails should be composed in a professional manner.
Priority registration gives COB students the opportunity to register on-line for their business courses before anyone else on campus. This allows business students the first chance to register for their business courses. It occurs in October and March each year. Students are notified of priority registration dates and required advising by an e-mail from the COB Student Services Office.
Priority Registration Timetable for Winter 2018
Web-registration is open from 8:00 am - 11:45 pm each day
Monday, October 23 BBA Graduating Seniors (105+ credits) All three days
Tuesday, October 24 BBA Students Two days
Wednesday, October 25 Prebusiness Students This day only
- Identify your first day of eligibility.
- Register on-line through UM-D Connect.
- You may change your schedule as many times as you wish during the priority registration time frame.
- If a course is full, you are advised to place yourself on the waitlist so that we may track our students’ needs. The COB monitors full sections. If space becomes available and the COB registers you for the class, you will be contacted via your UM-D email.
- Once the priority registration period is over, you may adjust your business courses and register for non-business courses during the campus-wide registration period. You can find your first day of eligibility on the registration timetable.
There are instances when students have a hold on their registration. Any student who has a registration hold must speak with an advisor to have a hold removed prior to registering for an upcoming semester. Students having holds are notified of this by email from the Student Services Office.
All prebusiness majors are required to meet with an academic advisor twice a year in order to review their progression toward BBA admission.
- August 1 begins the advising period for winter registration.
- January 1 begins the advising period for summer and fall registration.
BBA students who are approaching senior standing are required to complete a BBA audit. This is a term-by-term course plan which identifies the program requirements still needed for completion of the BBA and the best course of action to complete them.
Students whose cumulative, COB, or concentration GPA has dropped below 2.0 are placed on probation. These students are required to speak with an advisor concerning probationary status and sign a probation contract.