Earn a degree that commands respect.
Join one of the largest, most prestigious alumni networks in the world at 540,000 and counting.
You may apply for full- or part-time admission year round. Course availability is greatest during the fall and winter semesters.
Undergraduate students interested in a Bachelor of Business Administration follow a two-tiered admission process.
Tier One Upon admission to the University, freshman and transfer students who meet the criteria for the College of Business are admitted into this college as pre-business majors, where they will receive assistance from the academic advisors on completing the requirements for BBA admission.
Tier Two After fulfilling the BBA admission requirements listed below, students can apply for the business major(s) of their choice.
You are considered a freshman applicant if you have graduated from high school or have passed the General Education Development exam (GED), and have not attended a college or university since then. If you took courses at a college or university while in high school, you would still apply as a freshman.
Freshmen applicants should follow the freshman admission process.
You are considered a transfer applicant if you have graduated from high school or have passed the General Education Development exam (GED), and have completed courses at a college or university since then.
Transfer Student Admission Requirements
- A minimum grade point average of 2.70 from previous institutions.
- A minimum of 24 transferable credits (Transfer students with less than 24 credits may be asked to supply their high school transcripts.)
To select a business major, current students must satisfy the admission requirements for the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and submit a Change of Degree, Major, Minor form.
BBA Admission Requirements
- Complete the ten prerequisite courses, with a minimum grade of C in each course.
- Obtain Junior standing by completing a minimum of 55 credit hours. This includes both transferred credits and those completed at UM-Dearborn.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 2.80 in DS 301 and at least 9 business credits from the BBA Core and any other upper-level business course completed at UM-Dearborn. (If a student receives transfer credit for DS 301, then BE 401 or FIN 401 must be taken as a substitute.)