Earn a degree that commands respect.
Join one of the largest, most prestigious alumni networks in the world at 540,000 and counting.
You may apply for full- or part-time admission year round. Course availability is greatest during the fall and winter semesters.
Admission into the BBA program is a two step process. Students are first admitted to UM-Dearborn as pre-business majors. Then, students can apply to the BBA program after fulfilling the BBA admission requirements.
You are considered a freshman applicant if you have graduated from secondary school (high school) or have passed the General Education Development exam (GED), and have not attended a college or university since then. If you took courses at a college or university while in high school, you would still apply as a freshman.
Freshmen applicants should follow the freshman admission process.
Pre-business Admission Requirements
- A minimum transferable grade point average of 2.70
- At least 24 transferable credits (Transfer students with less than 24 credits may be asked to supply their high school transcripts.)
Transfer Credit Information
- Students can apply a maximum of 62 credit hours from community colleges, 75 from universities, and 90 from another University of Michigan campus. These numbers included combined credits from all schools attended. For example, a student who attended both a community college and university, can apply a maximum of 75 transfer credits.
- Grades of C- and below are not transferable
International students can apply to UM-Dearborn as a freshman or a transfer. To apply for admission as an international student, follow the international student admission process.
UM-Dearborn students who are not yet eligible to declare a business major have pre-business status. To enter the BBA program, students must satisfy the admission requirements:
- Complete the ten prerequisite courses, with a minimum grade of C in each course.
- Complete a minimum of 55 credit hours
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 2.80 in a minimum of 12 business credits including DS 301*, the BBA Core, and upper-level business course completed at UM-Dearborn. (*If a student receives transfer credit for DS 301, then BE 401 or FIN 401 must be taken as a substitute.)
Current UM-Dearborn students must submit a Change of Degree, Major, Minor form to their current academic unit.