A blueprint for student success because talent is everywhere, opportunity is not
University of Michigan-Dearborn is a caring, inclusive, student-focused institution. We are committed to excellence in teaching, learning, research and scholarship, as well as access, affordability and impact.
Realize our mission by:
- Preparing citizens and creative leaders for society’s challenges impacting urban environments at all scales
- Empowering growth mindsets through practice-based learning taught by inspiring and caring faculty members at the cutting edge of their disciplines
- Pioneering research and partnerships
- Providing knowledge to open doors for personal transformation, a lifetime of professional success and advancing the common good
- Nurturing environments where innovation, openness and creativity flourish
- Valuing and focusing on accessibility, flexibility, affordability, diversity, inclusion and creativity
Students are at the center of every idea. These ideas will help set the foundation to help ensure success while on campus and beyond.
Creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all will help the entire campus community reach its full potential.
Faculty and staff are at the forefront of their careers. Nurturing expertise and talent will provide even more opportunities for student success.
Financial stability will allow the university to realize its goals and strategically build and plan for its next 60 years.
Where we are
Gain campus support, share chancellor vision, set guiding principles, perform situational analysis
Working groups formed and ideas discussed, thought leader presentations, call for big ideas
Select final ideas, develop implementation teams, set team charges
Explore feasibility of ideas, set short, medium and long-term goals, establish timeline, identify resources
Realize campus change, communicate results, continue to refine and monitor progress
Read the latest strategic planning updates
How strategic planning could reshape the student experience at UM-Dearborn
Fully embracing our identity as a commuter campus could be the key to creating services and programs that today’s students need most.
Turning ideas into intentional, actionable steps
The UM-Dearborn DEI working group continues to meet, generate ideas and review campus community suggestions regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
The big ideas that could get U-M to net-zero emissions
Recommendations from the teams working on U-M’s carbon neutrality plan reveal how the university could reach its ambitious goal to fight climate change.