A blueprint for student success because talent is everywhere, opportunity is not
University of Michigan-Dearborn is a caring, inclusive, student-focused institution. We are committed to excellence in teaching, learning, research and scholarship, as well as access, affordability and impact.
Realize our mission by:
- Preparing citizens and creative leaders for society’s challenges impacting urban environments at all scales
- Empowering growth mindsets through problem-based learning taught by inspiring and caring faculty members at the cutting edge of their disciplines
- Pioneering research and partnerships
- Providing knowledge to open doors for personal transformation, a lifetime of professional success and advancing the common good
- Nurturing environments where innovation, openness and creativity flourish
- Valuing and focusing on accessibility, flexibility, affordability, diversity, inclusion and creativity
Students are at the center of every idea. These ideas will help set the foundation to help ensure success while on campus and beyond.
Creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all will help the entire campus community reach its full potential.
Faculty and staff are at the forefront of their careers. Nurturing expertise and talent will provide even more opportunities for student success.
Financial stability will allow the university to realize its goals and strategically build and plan for its next 60 years.
Where we are
Gain campus support, share chancellor vision, set guiding principles, perform situational analysis
Working groups formed and ideas discussed, thought leader presentations, call for big ideas
Select final ideas, develop implementation teams, set team charges
Explore feasibility of ideas, set short, medium and long-term goals, establish timeline, identify resources
Realize campus change, communicate results, continue to refine and monitor progress
Read the latest strategic planning updates
How we can make our water systems safer, more sustainable and more just
U-M Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering Nancy G. Love breaks down the challenges facing urban water systems and what we can do to solve them.
Urban Futures, explained
We break down one of the centerpieces of UM-Dearborn's strategic planning effort.
Takeaways from UM-Dearborn’s strategic planning process so far: Part 2
Ahead of next week's Strategic Planning town halls, we’re breaking down the big ideas that could shape UM-Dearborn’s future.