Adjustment in Operations for Thanksgiving Recess
The START Office will be operating remotely during Thanksgiving Recess. Please use our virtual front the week of November 22, 2021. Our hours will be 8 AM - 5 PM on Monday (11/22) and Tuesday (11/23) and 8 AM - 1 PM on Wednesday (11/24). Our normal office hours and in-person operation will resume on November 29, 2021.
START: Student Advising & Resource Team
Student Advising and Resource Team (START) consists of New Student Advising (also known as START Advising), Peer Advising Learning & Success (PALS), and Health Professions Advising (HPA).
START Virtual Front Desk
START Office Virtual Front Desk featuring Zoom:
- If you have not used Zoom before please visit Installing Zoom on Your Device.
- If you have not used the remote office hours queue before please visit Remote Office Hours - Attendee. *Please note the office hours App will prompt you to join the meeting, please keep the website visible. Join your Zoom meeting as soon as you are prompted.
How to Reach Us
In-Person and Virtual
During the Fall 2021 semester, we’ll be conducting university business in-person and virtually during normal business hours. Our in-person services are available at the START main office in the University Center room 2149.
The START Virtual Front Desk operates during normal business hours. Students are able to meet in real-time with our office assistant staff who are able to assist with scheduling an appointment, appointment check-in, or re-directing to other campus resources.
We are answering our phone (313-593-5576) and responding to voicemails during normal business hours. You can continue to reach our office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through our Virtual Front Desk.
- START is open Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
- Advising appointments are Monday through Friday 9 am to 4 pm.
- Appointments should be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
- Appointment times outside of our regular hours can be made available upon request.