University of Michigan-Dearborn alumni group established the Alumni Legacy Scholarship
In 1997, the University of Michigan-Dearborn Alumni Society established the Alumni Legacy Scholarship. The scholarship is appropriately named, as it will perpetuate the legacy of the University of Michigan-Dearborn tradition by providing scholarships to academically talented students with familial or other significant relationships to UM-Dearborn graduates (i.e. child, sibling, grandchild, spouse, stepchild, niece, nephew or cousin).
Since the 1998/99 academic year, the Alumni Legacy Scholarship has been able to assist in the funding of countless UM-Dearborn undergraduate student educations.
- Applicants must have relationship to a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn (i.e. you are a child, sibling, grandchild, spouse, stepchild, niece, nephew or cousin). This must be confirmed by the Office of Alumni Engagement before candidate is entered into the applicant pool.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Applicants must be accepted into a degree program at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- Applicants must demonstrate sustained activity and/or achievements in academic, extracurricular, community and/or leadership activities.
- Applicants must be an incoming freshman with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Please email Mike Santicchia, '82 B.B.A., at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive details on the 2020/21 Alumni Legacy Scholarship application process. The deadline to apply is March 2, 2020.