Alumni Legacy Scholarship
University of Michigan-Dearborn alumni group established the Alumni Legacy Scholarship
In 1997, the University of Michigan-Dearborn Alumni Society established the Alumni Legacy Scholarship. The scholarship is appropriately named, as it will perpetuate the legacy of the University of Michigan-Dearborn tradition by providing scholarships to academically talented students with familial or other significant relationships to UM-Dearborn graduates (i.e. child, sibling, grandchild, spouse, stepchild, niece, nephew or cousin).
Since the 1998/99 academic year, the Alumni Legacy Scholarship has been able to assist in the funding of countless UM-Dearborn undergraduate student educations.
- Applicants must have a relationship to a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn (i.e. you are a child, sibling, grandchild, spouse, stepchild, niece, nephew, or cousin). This must be confirmed by the Office of Alumni Engagement before candidate is entered into the applicant pool.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Applicants must be accepted into a degree program at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- Applicants must demonstrate sustained activity and/or achievements in academic, extracurricular, community and/or leadership activities.
- Applicants must be an incoming freshman with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
The 2023-24 Alumni Legacy Scholarship application process deadline is March 6, 2023. All completed applications and supporting documents must be received by this date.
All scholarship recipients selected to receive the scholarship will be notified by mid-April 2023.