Find helpful resources, answers and information for University of Michigan-Dearborn alumni.
We've assembled a list of many of the questions our alumni have on topics from alumni society membership to transcript information to benefits. Still have questions? Contact our office.
Any person who holds a graduate or undergraduate degree is automatically a member of the UM-Dearborn Alumni Society.
Membership is free.
- The Alumni Association of the University of Michigan is an independent, worldwide organization that nurtures lifelong relationships with and among current and future Michigan alumni. As a committed partner of the University, the Association offers programs of relevance and service to alumni and creates support for the University. Underlying all that we do is the belief in the value of education to the well-being of society, and a commitment to integrity, diversity, and service.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn Alumni Society is one of the constituent affiliates of the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan. The UM-Dearborn Alumni Society has its own advisory board. The Society provides a commonality of purpose through seminars, reunions, fundraising and other activities that focus on the University of Michigan-Dearborn. All graduates of the Dearborn campus are Alumni Society members. University of Michigan-Dearborn alumni assist in student recruitment and recognition, provide mentoring and guidance, foster award programs, and promote communication among alumni and the University of Michigan-Dearborn.To develop and strengthen a continuing relationship between alumni of a college and the students and faculty of that college, alumni affiliates have been structured in the College of Engineering and Computer Science, College of Business, College of Education, Health, and Human Services and the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters. African American alumni and graduates of the last decade have organized as program affiliates of the Society.
Watch for announcements of additional alumni benefits on this website.
- Library privileges, including free online research databases, with activation of a library card
- Semester long alumni enrichment classes
- Use of the on-campus Computer Center at yearly rates
- Email forwarding or access using a "@umich.edu" address
- Fieldhouse and Wellness Center privileges with assigned charges
- Campus alumni publication, Legacy
- Monthly e-newsletter updates
- Job placement services for alumni
- Continuing education and professional development programs
- Access to the University Golf Course (Ann Arbor)
- Membership to the University of Michigan Credit Union
- Alumni MCard with assigned charges
- Networking and volunteer opportunities
Contact the U-M Athletic Department at 734-764-0247 or visit their website to obtain information on receiving an application for U-M season football tickets or individual U-M game tickets. Due to the high volume of requests, all applications to the Athletic Department may not be fulfilled upon first request.
Alumni Engagement is the record keeper for our over 55,000 graduates. We will be more than happy to assist you in searches for classmates and friends you wish to contact. While no information from the alumni database will be released to anyone for business purposes, Alumni Engagement will take the identification information you give, attempt to locate the person, and pass your wish to establish contact along to that UM-Dearborn graduate.
Official transcripts can only be obtained from the UM-Dearborn Office of the Registrar. The Alumni Engagement Office cannot prepare and send transcripts. The Office of the Registrar can provide procedural help and information in obtaining your transcript via phone at 313-583-6500 or on their website.
Many opportunities for graduate studies are available and offered at UM-Dearborn. Whether you’re a full-time professional, exploring new career paths or interested in moving up at your organization, UM-Dearborn has options for you. Visit the Graduate Studies website to explore the numerous affordable options that are available or attend one of the Graduate Open House events that are held throughout the year.
Many alumni support the University with financial contributions to scholarships, research, capital campaigns, memorials, or planned and estate giving. Gifts made to UM-Dearborn are received and administered by the Institutional Advancement Office. Gifts are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law, with special tax credits for Michigan residents for contributions to the University. Information on giving to UM-Dearborn can be obtained from Institutional Advancement at 313-593-5130.
- 56,139 Total Living Degree Holders
Following graduation, 81 percent of the University of Michigan-Dearborn alumni remain in Michigan.
- 45,661 inside the state of Michigan
- 39,212 in Detroit and Tri-County areas
- Wayne County - 25,321
- Oakland County - 11,441
- Macomb County - 2,450
- 10,478 outside the state of Michigan
Total number of graduates by academic unit:
- 24,386 - College of Arts, Sciences, & Letters
- 12,982 - College of Business
- 7,343 - College of Education, Health, and Human Services
- 15,858 - College of Engineering & Computer Science
SOURCE: University of Michigan Development Systems Services, September 2018
University of Michigan-Dearborn
- General Information - 313-593-5000
- Alumni Office/Alumni Records - 313-593-5131 Fax: 313-593-0540
- Admissions (Undergraduate) - 313-593-5100
- Athletics (UM-Dearborn) - 313-593-5440
- Career Center - 313-593-5020
- Institutional Advancement Office/Giving - 313-593-5130
- Graduate Studies Programs - 313-593-1491
- Mardigian Library - 313-593-5400
- Registrar (diplomas, transcripts) - 313-583-6500
- U-M Credit Union (UM-Dearborn location) - 800-968-8628
- Wellness Center - 313-593-4599
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor