Admission Requirements

We encourage students who have business and non-business majors to apply for admission.

View the Admission Requirements for 3+2, Visiting, and other International Undergraduate Guest Students
  • English Language Proficiency:  at least 80% on a University-administered English language proficiency test, 80 on the Internet-Based TOEFL, 6.5 on the IELTS, or 80 on the MELAB. Scores must be less than two years old. (After your year as an undergraduate guest, admission to the master's program would require you to earn a score of 84 on the Internet-Based TOEFL, 6.5 on the IELTS, or 80 on the MELAB.)  Students who wish to improve their English skills in order to earn these minimum test scores could consider participating in our English Language Proficiency Program (ELPP) for a semester or longer.  
  • Grade Point Average:  students must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 70 (out of 100).
  • Application Deadline:  materials must usually be received by May 1 for September admission.
  • We encourage students with business and non-business majors to apply for this program.
  • After successful completion of the bachelor's degree, students are eligible to apply for admission to the Master's Program.

How to Apply

Please ask the international program coordinator at your home university to inform the College of Business that your home university recommends you for admission.

Complete the International Undergraduate Guest Application

Download the international undergraduate guest application and follow the instructions. Use your name as stated on your passport when completing the application. 

Gather the Required Documents

Gather the required documents, including a copy of the photo page of your passport, official copies of your English proficiency test results, and official college/university transcripts.  

Please provide official academic transcripts from all institutions you have attended.  These transcripts must show the course work you completed and the grades or test scores you earned. If your institution issues individual mark sheets or grade sheets, we require official, individual mark sheets or grade sheets for all semesters. Please have an official transcript sent directly to us from the institution, or provide us your transcripts in a sealed envelope provided by the issuing institution, bearing the institutional seal and the official signature of the Registrar or Recorder of Records. (Notarized copies are not considered official.)

In cases where the original document is in a language other than English, a version in the original language AND an official English language translation must be provided.

Send us your Admission Materials

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1145 University Center
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128-2406
Attn: COB 3+2 applications
Phone: 313-593-5100

Course Planning and Registration

After admission an academic advisor from the College of Business will email program participants during the summer to help with course planning and registration.

Obtain a Student Visa

Follow these instructions in order to obtain an F-1 or J-1 student visa
  • Submit the special required financial documentation for 3+2 and other international undergraduate guests
  • ​​​Obtain a student visa 
    Note:  the required financial documentation is slightly different for 3+2 and other international undergraduate guests than for degree-seeking students. Submit the special required financial documentation (above) rather than the standard financial affidavit form. 
  • Secure health insurance

The required financial documentation may be sent together with the international undergraduate guest application. If you have already submitted the guest application, these financial documents may be sent directly to:

Office of International Affairs
University of Michigan-Dearborn
#108 Union at Dearborn
780 Town Center Drive
Dearborn, MI 48126  USA
Phone:  313-583-6610

Undergraduate Student Services Office

Back to top of page