Actions to Take
- Excessive postage, no postage, or non-canceled postage
- No return address or obviously fictitious return address
- Packages that are unexpected or from someone unfamiliar to you
- Excessive tape
- Improper spelling of addressee names, titles and/or locations
- Packages that are addressed to someone no longer with your organization or otherwise outdated
- Rigid, bulky, lopsided or uneven
- Unexpected envelopes from foreign countries
- Restrictive markings
Actions to Take if You Encounter a Suspicious Package
- Do not touch, move or open the object.
- Isolate the area and immediately evacuate.
- Notify the University Department of Public Safety by calling 9-1-1 or 313-593-5333.
- Request immediate assistance and follow instructions given by emergency personnel.