Research Development Services
We aim to connect researchers to resources and increase the investigators’ competitiveness in obtaining extramural research funding. The services we offer include:
- Programming presentations, workshops, discussions for researchers and department administrators on how to utilize research tools and resources and become more familiar with major sponsors (provide help with expanding their grantsmanship knowledge).
- Work with faculty to identify funding opportunities that match their research interests and priorities.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Give advice throughout the proposal development, including how and when to contact a program officer.
- In coordination with the proposal specialists, develop non-disciplinary proposals components (boilerplates). Work with faculty and administrators to develop the non-disciplinary elements of proposals such as management plans, broader impacts and evaluation plans.
- Provide grantsmanship advice and strategy. To set up a meeting to discuss funding opportunities or proposal development, please submit a one-on-on consultation request.
- Help connect researchers with proposal writers / evaluators.
- Administer the Campus Grants Programs.
- Curate and notify the campus of relevant research news, events, announcements & Campus Grant reminders via an email newsletter. If interested, you can sign up for the UM-Dearborn Research News email list here!
Ways to Connect with the Research Development Team
Faculty who would like to request a one-on-one consultation with the Assistant Director of Research Development in regards to any of the above services can do so using a form. For questions quick about Campus Grants, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the Research Development team would love to hear any suggestions and/or feedback. We would love to hear what we do well and what we can do to improve. We are open to suggestions and ideas of what (new or past) initiatives and programs could be of interest to our faculty. Please use the form below to provide suggestions and/or feedback, and note that the form is anonymous unless you would like to provide a name and email for follow up.