BS in Software Engineering
Explore the theoretical and practical dimensions of software design.
Software systems power business and organizations in nearly every corner of our society, and our Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering will help you build a solid foundation in many of the field’s key disciplines.
The comprehensive program, accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, includes studies in everything from designing, building, testing and optimization of software systems to their implementation and management. And with an emphasis on the technical skills needed to design, build, and modify complex software solutions, you’ll be well-equipped to put your expertise to use in almost any context.
The BS in Software Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
What Will I Learn?
- Our graduates will be qualified for employment in Software Engineering related fields or other career paths, including industrial, academic, governmental, and non-governmental organizations, or will be successful graduate students in a program preparing them for such employment.
- Our graduates will be qualified to lead and participate in culturally diverse and inclusive teams, becoming global and ethical collaborators.
- Our graduates will be qualified to participate in continuing professional development through, for example, obtaining continuing education credits, professional registration or certifications, or post-graduate study credits or degrees.
Making the Most of Your Major
There are opportunities to develop skills and connect with others interested in Software Engineering beyond the classroom.
Get Real World Experience
Internship, research, and study abroad opportunities are available for software engineering students. Talk with your professors to learn more.
Plan for Life After Graduation
Software Engineers work for a variety of organizations including SOAR Tech, Ford Motor Company, and Google.
Career Services offers assistance with job searching, resumes, interviews, or graduate school applications.
Faculty Career Advisor for Students
If you have any questions or need any advice about your career opportunities and development in Software Engineering, please contact the Faculty Career Advisor for BS-SWE students: Dr. Bruce Maxim <email@example.com>.
General Program Information
Students complete a minimum of 120 credits and receive a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Software Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science - Major/Minor/Dual Degree
- Internship and Research Opportunities Available
- Scholarships Available
- Program Educational Objectives
- Student Outcomes
- Enrollments and Degrees Granted
- Curriculum requirement sheets and sample course sequences
The BS in Software Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map