Dual BSE in BENG / ME

The dual degree requires 15 more credits than the separate BSE degrees in BENG and ME.

Curriculum Requirements

Please note that beginning in Fall 2015, all freshmen must follow the Dearborn Discovery Core (DDC) requirements. 

Curriculum requirement sheets and sample course sequences are available through the Office of Advising and Academic Success.

Faculty Advising Guidelines

1. Identify your faculty advisor using Degree Works. You can get to Degree Works on UM-Dearborn Connect, under Student Services. You must choose "Enter Secure Area" on UM-Dearborn Connect and login to access Student Services. If you are unable to find your faculty advisor through Degree Works please contact the ME department.

2. Email or call your faculty advisor to make an appointment to meet with them.

3. Bring a copy of your unofficial transcript. You can print a copy on UM-Dearborn Connect, under Student Services - Academic Transcript.

4. Bring a copy of your program's curriculum sheet, and mark which classes you have taken. You can download and print curriculum sheets from the CECS Undergrad Advising Office website.

5. If you have an advising hold then bring an Advising Hold Release Form. You can find the form at either the ME department office (1340 HPEC) or the CECS Undergrad Advising Office.

6. To have your advising hold removed bring your signed Advising Hold Release Form to the ME department office (1340 HPEC).

Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes

Mechanical Engineering

Heinz Prechter Engineering Complex (HPEC)
Back to top of page