Our department of education advisory board provides valuable input from our community partners to strengthen our teacher certification programs.
Departmental leadership meets twice a year with the advisory board, which is composed of K-12 teachers and administrators, community college partners, alumni, and community organizations that provide educational services. We value the input of our stakeholders and the advisory board provides a formal process to bring community members together to inform the Department about the immediate and near future needs facing K-12 schools in southeastern Michigan. Gathering this feedback is essential for the ongoing improvement of our teacher certification programs.
Current Board Members
- Jeff Bouwman (Alumni), Science Teacher, Gibraltar School District
- Elizabeth Grace (Alumni), Early Childhood Education Faculty, Schoolcraft College
- Ross Groover (Alumni), Principal, Dearborn Public Schools
- Michelle Hall, Assistant Principal, Detroit Public Schools Community District
- Emma Herdean, Community School Manager, Southwest Solutions
- Richard Klee, Director of Curriculum & Instruction, Crestwood School District
- Maureen Molloy (Alumni), Director of Elementary Education, Plymouth-Canton Community Schools
- Lena Montgomery, Manager of Early Childhood and English Learner Services, Wayne RESA
- Michael Nealon, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Henry Ford College
- Natalia Russell, Principal, Detroit Public Schools Community District