For the sake of caution due to the COVID-19 virus, we have temporarily converted most campus-based courses and all student services to an online format. However, we are still working, still serving students, and still accepting applicants to our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. While working remotely, we are offering multiple options for you to connect with us.
Scheduled Advising Appointments
Advising appointments are offered through phone or video conferencing. You can schedule an appointment in two ways.
1. Log into the Virtual Drop-In
2. Call the COB Student Services Office at 313-593-5460.
Meet with an academic advisor through the Virtual Drop-In each Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sessions are limited to a maximum of 15 minutes. If you anticipate needing more time, please contact us to schedule a full advising appointment.
Do you miss the ability to drop into our office between classes for something quick? You still can. "Stop by" the office by logging into the Virtual Drop-In, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Directions for using the Virtual Drop-In
|Make sure you are logged into your umich.edu email account|
|Go to https://officehours.it.umich.edu/queue/345/|
|Set "Preferences" to receive a notification text when it's your turn.|
|Click "Join Queue."|
|When it's your turn, a yellow box with "Join Meeting" will pop up for you to click on.|
You can reach our office by phone at 313-593-5460. If you get directed to voice mail, please leave one. Your message will be returned in a timely fashion.
If you need to submit documents to our office, you can do so by sending them to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name, your university ID number, and a detailed message. Emails will be acknowledged within three office hours.
Future and Non-Active UM-Dearborn Students
Anyone who is interested in applying to UM-Dearborn or whose previous admission has become inactive should contact our transfer advisor, Cathy Boatin, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find additional information and resources for your situation on the following pages
The Advising and Registration page provides resources and registration information.
The Newly-Admitted Students page lists events and resources for students who are starting their first semester at UM-Dearborn.
- Check out our advising and registration information for answers to the most commonly-asked questions about course registration, degree requirements, and graduation.
- We are available to advise you by email and by phone, too! Email email@example.com to ask your question or set up a phone appointment.
Master's Program Admission Information
- View our admission process and criteria.
- Watch for our virtual information sessions to resume in October 2020. We'll provide an overview of our master's programs and discuss the admission process. You'll be able to live chat your questions. For attending, we will waive the $60 application fee. To be eligible, make sure to register.
- Speak with us by video chat, phone, or email. We would be glad to tell you more about our master's programs, review your transcripts, and answer your questions about admission. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Support Services
Student Resources for Working and Studying Remotely
Courses are still in session, even though campus-based courses have temporarily moved to an online format. We offer numerous resources to help students work and study remotely.
DS tutoring is still available. Request a virtual appointment online.
Supplemental Instruction leaders are still available for select courses. Check the Supplemental Instruction discussion board in Canvas for information on how to request a virtual appointment.