For the sake of caution due to the COVID-19 virus, we have temporarily converted most campus-based courses and all student services to an online format. However, we are still working, still serving students, and still accepting applicants to our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. While working remotely, we are offering multiple options for you to connect with our office.
1. Virtual COB Student Services Office Hours: Drop in to our office, just like if you were on campus, by logging into the Remote Office Hours Queue. Open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
2. Drop-in Advising: Meet with an academic advisor by logging into the Remote Office Hours Queue, each Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sessions are limited to a maximum of 15 minutes. If you anticipate needing more time, please contact us to schedule a full advising appointment.
Directions for using the Remote Office Hours Queue.
- Use Chrome, Safari, or Firefox (Internet Explorer and Edge availability coming soon)
- Log into your umich.edu account
- Go to https://officehours.it.umich.edu/queue/345/
- Click "Join Queue" to begin waiting in line (if any)
- Click "Join the Meeting" to load Blue Jeans app prior to your turn
- Watch the window turn from Beige to Green: Then it is your turn!
- Open the Blue Jeans app to begin chatting with a COB representative
Scheduled Advising Appointments
Advising appointments are available by phone or video conferencing. If using email to request an appointment, make sure to...
- send the message from your @umich.edu address.
- use the subject line "Advising Appointment".
- include your full name and student ID number.
- list your preferred days and times, and advisor preference if you have one. Our office will do our best to accommodate your preferences.
Student Services Office Email
Students can reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for any reason. Be sure to include your full name, your university ID number, and a detailed message. Emails will be acknowledged within three office hours.
Student Services Office Phone
Reach the office by phone at 313-593-5460. If you get directed to voice mail, please do not immediately call back. Your message will be returned in a timely fashion.
Future and Non-Current UM-Dearborn Students
Anyone who is interested in applying to UM-Dearborn or whose previous admission has become inactive should contact our transfer advisor, Cathy Boatin, at email@example.com. You can find additional information and resources for your situation on the following pages
The Advising and Registration page provides resources and registration information.
The Newly-Admitted Students page lists events and resources for students who are starting their first semester at UM-Dearborn.
- Check out our advising and registration information for answers to the most commonly-asked questions about course registration, degree requirements, and graduation.
- We are available to advise you by email and by phone, too! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask your question or set up a phone appointment.
Master's Program Admission Information
- View our admission process and criteria.
- Watch for our virtual information sessions to resume in October 2020. We'll provide an overview of our master's programs and discuss the admission process. You'll be able to live chat your questions. For attending, we will waive the $60 application fee. To be eligible, make sure to register.
- Speak with us by video chat, phone, or email. We would be glad to tell you more about our master's programs, review your transcripts, and answer your questions about admission. Contact us at email@example.com.
Academic Support Services
Student Resources for Working and Studying Remotely
Courses are still in session, even though campus-based courses have temporarily moved to an online format. We offer numerous resources to help students work and study remotely.
DS tutoring is still available. Request a virtual appointment online.
Supplemental Instruction leaders are still available for select courses. Check the Supplemental Instruction discussion board in Canvas for information on how to request a virtual appointment.