We encourage students who have business and non-business majors to apply for admission.
- English Language Proficiency. Students complete one of the following exams. Minimum scores are listed. The exam must have been taken within the past two years of applying.
- 80 on the Internet-Based TOEFL
- 6.5 on the IELTS
- 76 on the MELAB
- Grade Point Average: a minimum transferable grade point average of 2.70 (out of 4.00).
After admission to the College of Business, students must meet the specific criteria for admission into the BBA program in order to declare a business major. Your COB academic advisor will help you plan to meet these requirements.
We are in the process of upgrading to a new application system. Please select the appropriate link below based on the semester you plan to enroll.
- Submit your online application
Transcripts: Official transcripts, translated into English, from all post-secondary institutions, and proof of secondary school completion (academic records)
ECE Review: ECE course-by-course report for all records from non-U.S. post-secondary institutions
English Language Proficiency Exam Scores: English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, and MELAB)
Your transcripts, ECE review, and English Language Proficiency exam scores should be mailed to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Orientation
University of Michigan-Dearborn 1145 University Center
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128 USA
Please ask the international program coordinator at your home university to inform the College of Business that your home university recommends you for admission.
- For September admission, the deadline is July 1, but May 1 is recommended.
- For January admission, the deadline is November 1, but September 1 is recommended.
Course Planning and Registration
After admission an academic advisor from the College of Business will email program participants during the summer to help with course planning and registration.
Obtain a Student Visa
International students must obtain a student visa.
This will require that students submit some required financial documentation. Students are also required to provide proof of health insurance.
The required financial documentation may be sent directly to:
Office of International Affairs
University of Michigan-Dearborn
#108 Union at Dearborn
780 Town Center Drive
Dearborn, MI 48126 USA