International Admission

The University of Michigan-Dearborn welcomes applications from qualified international students.

We teach business from a global perspective, and our international students enrich the learning of all our students. International students join a rich community of diverse students from around the world when they choose to study at UM-Dearborn.


You are considered a freshman applicant if you have graduated from high school (secondary school) or passed the General Education Development (GED) exam, and have not enrolled at any college or university since then. If you took courses at a college or university while in high school, you would still apply as a freshman. 

Freshmen applicants should follow the freshman admission process.

Transfer Students

View the "Special Admission Process for 3+2 and Visiting Programs" below to see if we have a partner program with your university. If your university is not listed below, follow the general international admission process listed here:

Princess Sumaya University for Technology

Qualified students at PSUT in Amman, Jordan have the opportunity to study in special bachelor's programs.

VIT University

Qualified students at VIT University and VIT-Andhra Pradesh have the opportunity to study in special bachelor's programs.

University of Padua

Each summer a cohort of undergraduate students from University of Padua, Italy participate in the ISPM-US program to live and study at UM-Dearborn.

Student Testimonials

Undergraduate Student Services Office

168 - Fairlane Center South
19000 Hubbard Drive
Dearborn, MI 48126
View on Map