Guided by scientific data and public health guidance, University of Michigan-Dearborn is committed to student success, academic excellence and creating access and opportunity for qualified students while protecting health and safety by minimizing the spread of COVID-19, both within our campus community and throughout our region.
UM-Dearborn COVID-19 Response
Current Campus Information
Beginning August 1, 2022, the following health and safety protocols will be in effect:
- Daily health screening through ResponsiBLUE is suggested.
- You can download the ResponsiBLUE app through the App Store.
- It is good practice to monitor your health daily. If you are sick, stay home. If you suspect COVID, please get tested.
- University masking policy.
- Masks are available at the following campus locations: James C. Renick University Center Info Desk, Human Resources, CSS Reception Desk, CASL Advising Office and College Deans' Offices.
- It is recommended you carry a mask and be considerate of those who wish to continue to wear one or if you are asked to wear a mask while meeting with others choosing to mask.
- The university's policy is consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 community level guidance which provides a measure of the impact of COVID-19 illness on health and health-care systems in addition to current case activity to allow communities to make decisions on mitigation measures as appropriate for their area. We will monitor data for Wayne County and make any necessary changes to the masking policy on campus if warranted.
- The university’s vaccination policy will continue for the Winter 2023 semester.
- Vaccination reporting (shots one and two), or an exemption request, should be reported to the university by January 5 (the first day of winter classes).
- Faculty and staff should report their vaccination information (shots one and two), or an exemption request, within seven calendar days of their new hire start date (new hires).
- The booster (or third shot) should be reported once received.
- To submit or view the status of your COVID-19 vaccination submission, please visit the COVID-19 collection in Wolverine Access, click Vax Viewer, and sign in with your U-M weblogin credentials.
- Failure to comply with any part of the vaccination policy may result in future university action to ensure the safety of our campus community.
- The university will grant limited exemptions for valid medical and religious reasons. To be considered for a vaccination exemption, please complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Request Form.
- If you lost your vaccination card - students, faculty and staff can access their personnel vaccine records by going to MCIR.org. Once on the MCIR site select the “public tab” on the left-hand side of the page. Set up an account and upload a government-approved document with a photo. Follow the prompts.
- Home test kits are available in the Human Resources Office for faculty and staff.
- Testing and vaccinations continue to be offered at local pharmacies and healthcare providers throughout southeast Michigan.
- Students must continue to report positive COVID cases to the Dean of Students Office at 313-593-5056 or email at DearbornCOVIDsupport@umich.edu.
- Faculty and staff must continue to report positive COVID cases to Human Resources at 313-593-5190 or email at HumanResourcesDearborn@umich.edu and notify your supervisor.
The above policies are subject to change at any time. If COVID conditions worsen, or if directed by government or health agencies, the university will revert to the appropriate policies.
COVID website updated December 5, 2022.