Guided by scientific data and public health guidance, University of Michigan-Dearborn is committed to student success, academic excellence and creating access and opportunity for qualified students while protecting health and safety by minimizing the spread of COVID-19, both within our campus community and throughout our region.
UM-Dearborn COVID-19 Response
Current Campus Information
Beginning May 2, 2022, the following health and safety protocols will be in effect:
- The daily health screening through ResponsiBLUE is no longer required, however it is suggested.
- It is good practice to monitor your health daily. If you are sick, stay home. If you suspect COVID, please get tested.
- Per the university’s updated masking policy, all mask requirements on campus will end. Masking is no longer required in classrooms, labs, clinical spaces (such as CAPS offices) or on university transportation.
- Masks will continue to be available at current on-campus locations: University Center Info Desk, Human Resources, CSS Reception Desk, CASL Advising Office and College Deans' Offices.
- It is recommended you carry a mask and be considerate of those who wish to continue to wear one or if you are asked to wear a mask while meeting with others choosing to mask.
- The changes to the policy are consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 community level guidance which provides a measure of the impact of COVID-19 illness on health and health-care systems in addition to current case activity to allow communities to make decisions on mitigation measures as appropriate for their area. We will monitor data for Wayne County and make any necessary changes to the masking policy on campus if warranted.
- The university’s vaccination policy remains in effect. All students, faculty and staff are required to be up to date on vaccinations (this includes the booster).
- To report that you have received all doses of a vaccine series, submit information via the COVID-19 Vaccination Completed form.
- The university will grant limited exemptions for valid medical and religious reasons. To be considered for a vaccination exemption, please complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Request Form.
- If you lost your vaccination card - students, faculty and staff can access their personnel vaccine records by going to MCIR.org. Once on the MCIR site select the “public tab” on the left-hand side of the page. Set up an account and upload a government-approved document with a photo. Follow the prompts.
- Those with exemptions are no longer required to submit a weekly negative test before coming to campus.
- Home test kits are available in the Human Resources Office for faculty and staff.
- The university no longer provides testing or vaccinations on campus. Testing and vaccinations continue to be offered at local pharmacies and healthcare providers throughout southeast Michigan.
- Students must continue to report positive COVID cases to the Dean of Students Office at 313-593-5056 or email at DearbornCOVIDsupport@umich.edu.
- Faculty and staff must continue to report positive COVID cases to Human Resources at 313-593-5190 or email at HumanResourcesDearborn@umich.edu and notify your supervisor.
- The campus will resume normal operations related to events, the Mardigian Library, Environmental Interpretive Center programming and hosting children on campus.
Hand sanitizers and masks will continue to be available throughout campus, and at large gatherings.
The above policies are subject to change at any time. If COVID conditions worsen, or if directed by government or health agencies, the university will revert to the appropriate policies.