Health and Vaccinations
Effective February 20, 2023, UM-Dearborn no longer requires COVID vaccinations for faculty, staff and students. This includes future employees and students. This revised policy revision aligns the university with the anticipated end to the federal government’s emergency declarations.
- Faculty, staff and students no longer must report COVID illnesses to supervisors, human resources or the COVID support line.
- While university policy reflects the reality of a new phase of the pandemic with more consistent and manageable COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in our region, COVID is still among us. It is strongly recommended you consider getting vaccinated and remaining current with your booster shots.
- While COVID policies have changed, it is good practice to stay home if you are sick, regardless of illness.
For the latest regarding COVID vaccinations, symptoms and tips to remain healthy, the following websites provide useful information:
Immunizations to consider
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Meningococcal A (MenACWY) vaccine
- Polio vaccine
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) vaccine
- Chicken pox/varicella vaccine
The CDC offers immunization guidance to keep individuals and communities safe.
Wellness support services available to all faculty, staff and students
Counseling and Psychological Services
Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map