Welcome to the Campus Maintenance & Construction webpage, where you'll find information regarding temporary campus interruptions due to maintenance and construction projects. We appreciate your patience as we maintain and improve our beautiful campus and facilities. If you’d like more information regarding any of the projects below, please contact Facilities Operations at 313-593-5270 to be connected with the Project Manager.
Roads & Parking Lots
- The ELB Replacement Project is well underway now and will continue into 2020. Please note that this area is currently closed to pedestrian traffic and will remain so for the full duration of the project.
The contractor staging area for the ELB Replacement Project is on the opposite side of Richard Drive and we expect regular movement of heavy equipment and materials between the staging area and the construction site. The safety of UM-Dearborn students, faculty, staff, and our construction workers is paramount throughout the construction process. After much discussion, we have determined that it is best to close Richard Drive. Please see the campus map above with convenient routes for you to access any part of the UM-Dearborn campus.
Vehicles should enter campus at the north entrance ONLY if they are accessing Lots C & D, the parking structure, or the west side of campus. Vehicles destined for E lots should enter at the Central or South entrances. Please use the attached map as a guide, and be aware of the potential for construction traffic. We encourage you to share this communication with students and visitors. Thank you for helping to assure everyone's safety throughout the construction period.
Parking Lot Closures
- Parking Lot E1 is closed. It is now being used for contractor trailers, material staging area, and limited contractor parking for the duration of the ELB Replacement project.
Please use caution while navigating near construction areas. Always follow detour signage to be directed safely around the jobsite.
- Safety Reminder: The sidewalk east of ELB is closed. Do not walk in the street; use the posted detour along the west side of ELB (interior of campus) if you must travel from HPEC to the south side of ELB.
- The service courtyard between HPEC and ELB is closed, except as an emergency egress path from HPEC.
- The sidewalk between IAVS and ELB is closed to pedestrian traffic.
The ELB building is now closed for construction. Please keep out of fenced in areas, follow the posted signage, and use caution in the area.
Inside the ELB, steam is the new steam Buried within UM-Dearborn’s state-of-the-art Engineering Lab Building, an old-school technology is still king.