Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Donor advised funds
- Commercial annuities
- Bank and brokerage accounts
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name the University of Michigan-Dearborn as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan, insurance policy, bank or brokerage account or donor advised fund for a change-of-beneficiary form or simply download a form from your provider's website.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
To learn more about leaving a legacy and including UM-Dearborn in your will or estate plan, contact Michelle J. Fallscheer 313-436-9182 or [email protected]. It is recommended that you seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
If you include UM-Dearborn in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Regents of the University of Michigan
3003 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Federal Tax ID Number: 38-6006309