Charitable Remainder Trust

If you have built a sizable estate and also are looking for ways to receive reliable payments, consider a charitable remainder trust. At the end of the trust term, the balance in the trust goes to the University of Michigan-Dearborn.

These types of gifts may offer you tax benefits and the option for income. There are two ways to receive payments and each has its own benefits:

  1. The annuity trust pays you, each year, the same dollar amount you choose at the start. Your payments stay the same, regardless of fluctuations in trust investments.
  2. The unitrust pays you, each year, a variable amount based on a fixed percentage of the fair market value of the trust assets. The amount of your payments is redetermined annually. If the value of the trust increases, so do your payments. If the value decreases, however, so will your payments.

To learn more about leaving a legacy and including UM-Dearborn in your will or estate plan, contact Michelle J. Fallscheer 313-436-9182 or [email protected]. It is recommended that you seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.

If you include UM-Dearborn in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Regents of the University of Michigan
3003 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Federal Tax ID Number: 38-6006309

Institutional Advancement

1040 - Administration Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map
Phone: 313-593-5130
Fax: 313-593-0540