Wolverine Mentor Collective
The Wolverine Mentor Collective (Wolverine MC) is an exciting new mentoring program that can enhance your student experience by connecting you to current UM-Dearborn Wolverines or alumni. This mentor is someone who is invested in your success and is ready to listen, inspire, and help you navigate challenges and recognize opportunities. You will learn what to expect in school and gain career advice and valuable insights, while mentors will build their networks and develop professional and leadership skills.
- Peer Mentoring Edition: new first year or transfer students are matched with upper level peer mentors who can help you acclimate to life at UM-Dearborn
- Professional Networking Edition: juniors in this program are connected with a UM-Dearborn alum who can help with career readiness and exploration
- Grad Student Edition: first year graduate students can connect with either a second year grad student or a UM-Dearborn alum to learn more about life at UM-Dearborn and make connections to alumni in your industry
Mentor Collective's online platform provides training and resources for student mentors and makes it easy for mentors and mentees to connect. All matches are made based on common interests, background, academics and professional aspirations. Pairings last throughout the academic year.
Get Started Now - Sign-up for a Mentor!
What do mentors and mentees discuss?
Some commonly covered topics include:
- How will my major impact my professional options?
- How do I balance the demands of school, responsibilities, and socializing?
- How can I set myself up for academic, social, and career success?
- How do I make connections with peers and professional contacts?
Become a Mentor
Interested in becoming a mentor? Great! Wolverine MC is an opportunity for mentors to:
- Improve communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop leadership and management qualities
- Share and reflect on attributes needed for academic and professional success
- Increase confidence and motivation
Peer Mentor program: You must have sophomore, junior, or senior status at UM-Dearborn, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, and be in good academic standing.
Professional Networking Edition: UM-Dearborn alumni.
Grad Student Edition: Second year (at UM-Dearborn) graduate student in good academic standing, UM-Dearborn graduate school alumni, or UM-Dearborn undergraduate alumni with a graduate degree from another institution.
Become a Mentor Today!
Current student mentors will be eligible to receive a Leaders & Best Service Award for participation in the semester in which they complete the requirements below.
To be eligible for the $100 Service Award, matched mentors must:
- Be a currently enrolled UM-Dearborn student
- Report at least five (5) conversations with their mentee(s) during the academic year
- Earn the Mentoring Badge in the Talent Gateway by completing these challenges:
- I Want to Make an Impact: Becoming a Mentor
- I Made an Impact! Reflecting on Being a Mentor
- What Mentoring Means to Me
- Video: Mentoring Can Change the World