Research shows that people do not easily recognize medical emergencies or they underestimate their seriousness and fail to call for help.
Remember, if you THINK you or someone else is experiencing a medical emergency CALL 9-1-1 immediately.
Actions to Take
Notify the University Department of Public Safety by calling 9-1-1 or 313-593-5333 or by activating a blue light campus phone.
- Ask for immediate assistance
- Location (building and room number)
- Best entrance for responder to go to (someone should meet the responders)
- Nature and extent of emergency
- Your name the number from which you are calling
- Follow instructions given by emergency personnel.
- If you are trained, assist with First Aid or CPR.
Actions to Take: Mental Health
- Contact the Office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at 313-593-5430.
- If it is an emergency, contact the University Department of Public Safety at 9-1-1 or 313-593-5333.
How you respond in a medical emergency could save someone's life.