Top Six Reasons to Mentor UM-Dearborn Students
1. You'll learn. By listening to the concerns of our students, you'll grow to understand the experiences current students have, and may even find commonalities.
2. You don't have to be an expert. Most students are interested in basic support! Mentors serve as sounding boards, cheerleaders, or experience sharers.
3. Pay it forward. Did you have positive influences in your life? Now is a great chance to help someone else.
4. You'll strengthen the UM-Dearborn network. By connecting with future alumni, you are expanding the power of the UM-Dearborn network. It's not what you know, it's who you know.
5. Mentoring is rewarding. You'll feel satisfied, proud, excited, and that you have made an impact in a student's education.
6. There is something special about helping a fellow Wolverine!
Take your pick! As a mentor, you have choices. You can participate in 1:1 mentoring, meet with students in small groups, mentor via webcast, phone call, or in person, commit to three conversations in one semester, or mentor for one afternoon!