Student Government elections will occur Wednesday, March 29 and Thursday, March 30.
Open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year include President, Vice President and Senators. If you are interested in serving as an elected representative for our campus, please review the timeline and resources below and attend one of the three Interest Meetings.
- February 6: Intent to Run Forms go live.
- February 8: Interest Meeting @ Noon (Kochoff Hall B)
- February 9: Interest Meeting @ 3:00 PM (118 Union)
- February 13: Interest Meeting @ 11:00 AM (Kochoff B)
- February 24: Intent to Run Forms and Petition Signature Forms due at 5:00 PM
- March 6: Sample Ballot available
- March 20: President/Vice President Debate @ Noon (Kochoff Hall)
- March 22: Campaigning begins @ 8:00 AM
- March 29: Voting opens @ 8:00 AM
- March 30: Voting closes @ Midnight
- March 31: Complaint/Violation Deadline @ 4:30 PM
*All times in Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Each candidate for Student Government must obtain signatures for their candidacy.
- Senator candidates must obtain 50 valid signatures.
- President and Vice President candidates must obtain 100 valid signatures each.
As the President and Vice Presidents must run together, failure to obtain 100 valid signatures by one candidate will disqualify both candidates.
Signatures must be from currently enrolled students at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. A student cannot sign the same petition more than once, but can sign petitions for multiple candidates. Duplicate names, illegible names, incomplete information, and non-students will not be counted. If fraud in any form is found in the collection of signatures, the candidate will be referred to the Election Board for possible disqualification.
- All forms are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, February 24 to the Office for Student Engagement (2136 UC). No late forms accepted.
- All Signature Forms will be checked after Friday, February 24. No early checks will be done.