The Provost Faculty Fellows program provides faculty members with an opportunity to experience and explore higher education administration.
The program furthermore provides the Office of the Provost with ongoing faculty involvement, advice, and counsel.
Provost Faculty Fellows participate in a full range of activities under the purview of Academic Affairs. Provost Fellows will make meaningful contributions to the campus by undertaking specific projects, as well as assisting with campus-wide academic initiatives and the development of innovations designed to better support the academic enterprise. The shape of projects and scope of work will vary with the experience, skills, and aspirations of individual faculty members. In AY 21-22 we are especially encouraging candidates with a particular interest in working on projects and topics related to the various themes and initiatives emerging from the campus-wide strategic enterprise to apply.
Goals of the Program
- To provide faculty an opportunity to work with the Office of the Provost leadership and thereby experience the day-to-day working and decision-making processes of campus administration
- To provide an avenue for faculty to determine potential interests in higher education leadership
To provide ongoing faculty involvement and contributions to Academic Affairs
Length of Service
Typically, Provost Fellows are engaged for one academic year.
Who is Eligible?
Any tenured member of the faculty appointed to the ranks of associate professor or professor is eligible to serve as a Provost Fellow.
Application and Selection Process
Faculty interested in participating in the Provost Fellows program can apply by uploading the following three documents to their application:
- Statement of support from the appropriate college dean
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief statement of interest describing:
- Relevant experience in college or university activities
- Overarching goal(s) for participation in the program
- Potential interest in entering higher education leadership
Please use this application form.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please feel free to contact Mitch Sollenberger (msollenb) or Maureen Linker (mlinker).