Deferred International Admission

Need to defer your admission to a future semester?

Application to an undergraduate program is good for one year after the semester for which admission was granted. If an admitted applicant decides to defer admission, the Admission Information Change Form should be completed and returned to:

University of Michigan-Dearborn
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
4901 Evergreen Road, 1145 UC
Dearborn, MI 48128-1491

In addition, your original I-20 or DS-2019 must be returned to the Office of International Affairs with written notification that deferral has been requested from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. 

University of Michigan-Dearborn
Office of International Affairs
4901 Evergreen Road, Room 108 The Union
Dearborn, MI, 48128

A new I-20 or DS-2019 will be issued for the requested semester:

  • upon approval of the undergraduate admissions office (if additional courses were taken after the original admit date at another institution, those records must be submitted to the Admissions Office)
  • upon receipt of new financial documents (if the original documents will be over one year old at the start of the new admission semester)

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Outside 1600 - Social Sciences Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map
Phone: 313-593-5300
Fax: 313-436-9167