Non-Degree, Returning & Other

Non-Degree and Other Admission Programs

Looking to take a course at UM-Dearborn but not necessarily ready to apply as a freshman or transfer student? Explore these opportunities for high school students, alumni, and other guest students.

Completed non-degree applications will be accepted until midnight the day prior to the start of classes each semester. Dual Enrollment deadlines may be sooner, check specific information below.

For High School Students

For Alumni, Guests, Personal Enrichment and More

  • Alumni Enrichment
    An opportunity for UM-Dearborn alumni to take courses at a discounted tuition rate on a pass/fail basis in fields unrelated to their major or minor.
  • Certificates (Undergraduate)
    For students interested in completing a post-baccalaureate undergraduate certificate.  
  • Guest
    An opportunity for a student who attends another college/university to take undergraduate courses at UM-Dearborn and transfer the credit back to their home school.
  • Personal Enrichment
    A program for students who have already earned a bachelor's degree and would like to take undergraduate courses for their own interest or as pre-requisites for a graduate program.
  • Prospective Degree
    A program for students who have been out of school for a few years and don't meet the requirements for admission as a degree-seeking student.
  • Retired Person Studies Program
    A program for retired Michigan residents (age 60 or older).
  • Returning Students 
    Information for students who have previously attended UM-Dearborn as a degree-seeking student but did not complete their degree.
  • Second Bachelor's Degree
    Information for students who already hold a bachelor's degree and wish to pursue a second.
  • Shifting Gears
    Auto Workers from the Metro Detroit area have the opportunity to return or begin a university experience.  UM-Dearborn has developed this web resource to assist in making important decisions about obtaining a degree.
  • TAA (Trade Adjustment Assistance)
    • TAA is a federal program that assists U.S. workers who have lost their jobs as a result of foreign trade. The TAA program seeks to provide these trade-affected workers with opportunities to obtain the skills, resources, and support they need to become reemployed.  
    • After being admitted to the University, TAA students need to provide a plan of study after meeting with an academic advisor. Plans of study are submitted along with paperwork from a Michigan Works!  Agency to Enrollment Services/Records & Registration to obtain a cost breakdown of courses.​​
    • State of Michigan TAA Fact Sheet
  • Veterans
    For veterans and military members seeking to pursue their education.

Need to make a change to your application?

Once you have submitted your application, should you need to make a change (ex: desired major), please email us at [email protected] rather than submitting a new application.

Want to Check Your Application Status?

Admitted Students

Once you have received your admission decision, you can find information on your next steps.

Student Expectations

The primary purpose of the Statement of Student Rights and Code of Student Conduct is to assist the University in providing an environment which supports the educational process and the well-being of the campus community. The responsibility for maintaining such an environment is shared by all members of the campus community including faculty, staff, current and prospective students. Therefore, any person expressing interest in enrolling at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is expected to demonstrate behavior consistent with the Code of Conduct. Behaviors inconsistent with the Code of Student Conduct will not be tolerated. The University seeks applicants that demonstrate the potential to be contributing members of the campus community and reserves the right to deny admission based upon violation(s) of the Code of Student Conduct. 

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Outside 1600 - Social Sciences Building
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map
Phone: 313-593-5100
Fax: 313-436-9167