Whether on a smartphone or through other forms of media, your audience needs to connect to the product, service or experience you are marketing.
The Marketing major is designed to give you the skills to create and implement marketing strategies that attract and connect with customers. The knowledge you gain through the program will help you thrive in the ever-changing world of marketing no matter your career interest area: Sales, advertising, marketing research, product management, retailing, international business and marketing management.
What Will I Learn?
- Students will be knowledgeable about the business disciplines.
- Students will be effective communicators and team members.
- Students will be competent in the application of technology.
- Students will be knowledgeable about global business practice and managing a diverse workforce.
- Students will be knowledgeable about ethical principles and their application.
- Students will apply critical thinking skills to business situations.
View the full list of program goals on the Hub for Teaching and Learning site.
Visit the University Catalog to learn more about required coursework for the Marketing major and minor.
Making the Most of Your Major
There are opportunities to develop skills and connect with others interested in accounting beyond the classroom. Check out the Marketing Major Map to get a more detailed, year-by-year view of how you can learn, engage, network and prepare for life after graduation.
- Join a professional organization, such as the American Marketing Association, Alpha Kappa Psi or CREW. Explore UM-Dearborn student organizations on VictorsLink.
Get Real World Experience
- Visit the Office for Student Engagement to learn about volunteer opportunities and community needs.
- Contribute to a community project through the Office of Metropolitan Impact.
- Join the Apprenticeship Program with Public Allies Metro Detroit AmeriCorps.
- Secure an internship with help from the Internship and Career Management Center (ICMC).
Plan for Life After Graduation
General Program Information
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Double Majoring in both Digital Marketing and Marketing is not permitted. However, majoring in both Digital Marketing and Information Systems Management / Information Technology Management is allowed and encouraged. Courses common to both majors can be applied towards fulfilling the requirements of both.
- Internship opportunities available
- Scholarships available
Department Contact Information
COB Undergraduate Student Services Office
168 Fairlane Center South