Students may submit their application first and then send the additional materials later. All correspondence must be in English and must contain the full name of the applicant with the family name underlined. Once the application has been submitted, the student will be notified of any missing items. The application will not receive a final evaluation until all required materials have been received.
Freshmen who have attended secondary school abroad are expected to meet the same general admissions requirements as U.S. students.
- Academic performance in high school
- Successful completion of secondary school program before enrollment at UM-Dearborn
- Solid preparation in the traditional academic college-preparatory subjects is required (English, math, science, social studies), by pursuing a general academic (non-vocational) program of study - see specific requirements by country
- Trend of grades and mix of academic courses will be considered
- SAT and/or ACT test scores
- The highest composite test score is used in the Admission decision
- Newer scores should be sent to the University as they are available
- Language proficiency test (TOEFL, MELAB, IELTS)
Admission is competitive. All components of an application are reviewed personally by an Admissions Counselor.
How to Apply
- Submit your online application - it's free and easy!
- Official secondary school transcripts - see academic records for details regarding requirements
- Standard College Entrance Examinations
- SAT: 1861
- ACT: 2074
Have questions? Contact us at 313-593-5100 or email@example.com.
The primary purpose of the Statement of Student Rights and Code of Student Conduct is to assist the University in providing an environment which supports the educational process and the well-being of the campus community. The responsibility for maintaining such an environment is shared by all members of the campus community including faculty, staff, current and prospective students. Therefore, any person expressing interest in enrolling at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is expected to demonstrate behavior consistent with the Code of Conduct. Behaviors inconsistent with the Code of Student Conduct will not be tolerated. The University seeks applicants that demonstrate the potential to be contributing members of the campus community and reserves the right to deny admission based upon violation(s) of the Code of Student Conduct.