How to Apply:
Freshmen who have attended secondary school abroad are expected to meet the same general admissions requirements as U.S. students. Admission is competitive. We encourage students to apply as soon as possible. See deadlines below. A student's application will not be reviewed until all required materials have been received. A completed application includes the following:
- Submitted online application - it's free and easy! Or, you may apply through the Common Application.
- Official high school academic documents
- Standard College Entrance Examinations scores
- SAT: 1861
- ACT: 2074
- The highest composite test score is used in the Admission decision
- Newer scores should be sent to the University as they are available
- English language proficiency
Send all materials to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Students in the U.S.: Nov. 30, 2019
- Students outside the U.S.: Nov. 1, 2019
- Summer enrollment not advised for entering International students
- Students in the U.S.: April 10, 2020
- Students outside the U.S.: April 10, 2020
Winter 2021 (application available 1/1/20)
UM-Dearborn continues to accept freshman applications as long as space is available. Students should apply by the dates above to ensure highest consideration for admission and to allow adequate time for the completion of travel documentation.
The primary purpose of the Statement of Student Rights and Code of Student Conduct is to assist the University in providing an environment which supports the educational process and the well-being of the campus community. The responsibility for maintaining such an environment is shared by all members of the campus community including faculty, staff, current and prospective students. Therefore, any person expressing interest in enrolling at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is expected to demonstrate behavior consistent with the Code of Conduct. Behaviors inconsistent with the Code of Student Conduct will not be tolerated. The University seeks applicants that demonstrate the potential to be contributing members of the campus community and reserves the right to deny admission based upon violation(s) of the Code of Student Conduct.