Learn4ward Transfer Pathways
What is the Learn4Ward Program?
This is Learn4ward, a partnership between Henry Ford College and the University of Michigan-Dearborn. It’s a simplified admissions process that takes away the concerns about transfer credit and admission.
Learn4ward allows you to begin your academic and career pathway at HFC and seamlessly transfer to UM-Dearborn with guaranteed admission earning both an associate and bachelor’s degree within 4-6 years. The program amplifies the many opportunities, resources, and benefits on HFC and UM-Dearborn’s adjacent campuses, including facilities and student services.
How to join Learn4Ward?
- Students will begin their academic journey at HFC, student can opt into the program when they are completing the application process or if you are a student already enrolled at HFC but have less than 30 credits you can complete this form.
- Students then will work with HFC advisors to get confirmed into the program, once this occurs a transfer specialist from UM-Dearborn will reach out to the student.
- Staff at HFC and UM-Dearborn will work together to ensure your transition to UM-Dearborn after completion of your associate degree is seamless and you will have support from both schools during your academic experience.
- Students will complete an application to UM-Dearborn the semester before completing their Associate’s Degree.
Benefits of Learn4ward?
- Seamless, guided degree plans that eliminate unnecessary classes, minimizing tuition costs.
- Coordinated and collaborative efforts to provide a connected student experience between HFC and UM-Dearborn.
- Free or low tuition with a 3-year tuition freeze at HFC.
- UM-Dearborn scholarship opportunities for qualifying HFC students. Some may be eligible for free tuition. Students who are in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at HFC will also receive a scholarship.
Learn4ward students will have access to many resources and activities at UM-Dearborn while enrolled at HFC!
- Free access to recreational facilities, athletic events, and cultural events at both HFC and UM-Dearborn.
- Free access to key library resources, research, and academic support at HFC and UM-Dearborn.
- Free career support services at both HFC and UM-Dearborn to assist with job, internship, and co-curricular experiences.
Who is eligible?
Students are eligible if you are enrolled at Henry Ford College and meet these criteria:
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Earn an Associate degree at HFC within 3 years of enrolling in the specific programs listed below.
- Apply to UM-Dearborn within 1 academic year after earning your Associate degree at HFC
We recommend that students apply for this program at the beginning of their enrollment at HFC, so they can receive specific advising to make sure their classes meet the standards of the UM-Dearborn degree that they will be seeking, and so they will have early access to both HFC and UM-Dearborn resources.
Henry Ford College
Lorraine Paffenroth, Coordinator of Student Success
University of Michigan-Dearborn
Stacey Olson, Transfer Specialist