The University of Michigan-Dearborn welcomes applications from qualified international students.
We teach business from a global perspective, and our international students enrich the learning of all our students. International students join a rich community of diverse students from around the world when they choose to study at UM-Dearborn.
General International Admission Process
Follow these instructions to seek admission to the College of Business as an international student. (If you are seeking admission under a special agreement between your university and the University of Michigan-Dearborn, please view the "special admission process for 3+2, Master's, and Visiting Programs," further below.)
We conduct a holistic review of each application. There is no formula to define who will make a successful candidate, but we are especially interested in evidence of strong academic performance and a brief but clear statement of purpose. Admission is competitive.
View our Class Profile to learn more.
The MBA and MS programs are open to students of all undergraduate majors and all levels of work experience.
To be considered for admission, you must have successfully completed the following:
- The equivalent of a four-year US bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A grade of “C” or better in an undergraduate course in college algebra, finite math, pre-calculus, or calculus.
- GMAT or GRE test within the previous 5 years. Applicants with three years of professional work experience, a degree in business or engineering, or other credentials may be eligible to waive the GMAT and GRE. View the GMAT/GRE waiver policy.
All applications and required documents are collected by the central Graduate Studies office. Follow these application instructions.
International applicants must provide an official record of courses and diploma in the original language, together with an official English translation, from each undergraduate and postgraduate institution attended.
Fall semester (September): May 1 (August 1 for domestic students)
Winter semester (January): September 1 (December 1 for domestic students)
Summer semester (May): January 1 (April 1 for domestic students)
Special Admission Process for 3+2, Master's, and Visiting Programs
Click the url that corresponds to your home university:
- China Three Gorges University (CTGU), Yichang
- China University of Mining and Technology (CUMTB), Beijing
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), Wuhan
- National Ilan University (NIU), Yilan
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli
- National Taipei University of Technology
- National University of Kaohsiung (NUK), Kaohsiung
- North China Electric Power University (NCEPU), Beijing
- Wuhan University of Technology (WUT), Wuhan
- Xi'an Jiaotong University (XJTU), Xi'an
- Yuan Ze University (YZU), Taoyuan
Each year a group of MBA students from Fondazione CUOA (the University Center of Business Administration) in Vicenza, Italy enroll in online courses with graduate business students at UM-Dearborn.
CUOA students who would like to participate in the program with the University of Michigan-Dearborn must submit the graduate non-degree application.
On your first visit to the application, select "sign up" (near the bottom of the page) to create a login profile.
After entering the application portal, select and complete the "non-degree/certificate" application.
Princess Sumaya University for Technology
Select students at PSUT in Amman, Jordan have the opportunity to study in special master's programs in the College of Business.
A partnership with VIT University, India, allows qualified students at VIT to enroll in special 1+1 / master's programs in the College of Business.